Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Packed up my things and headed up to the other side of Richmond to meet a couple friends for a ride up on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia (for those who don't know where it is).

Weather was kinda bad... rainy, drizzle, cloudy, but not too cold. My gear worked great... Tourmaster Transition Series II jacket, First Gear HTII pants, Olympia All-Weather gloves, and JR GPX boots. Fantastico!

Anyway, being with an SV and a VFR, the Italian jokes were flying. It was hilarious. After starting the bikes up after lunch, my friend Jason on his VFR said:

"My bike sounds like the server room in a computer warehouse... your Duc sounds like a textile mill."

:D

Anyway, the roads were a little wet, but it was still fun. And they dried out as the day went on.

Here's the pics:

Went back to my friend Travis's for dinner afterwords (he has the Blue SV), and ended up sleeping on the couch, since I was a little too tired to head home after doing 425 miles that day. Corn chowder, steak, pasta salad (with BACON!), and brownies... couldn't ask for a whole lot more.

Came home this morning and had to clean the bike (now referred to as the "Duc Of Death" by them... some Unforgiven movie reference I don't get) so it can sit under the cover all week while I'm out of town working.

:(

But it was still a fun trip. Can't wait till next year. :D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Put some termis on that thing and I promise your friend with the VFR won't ever make a joke of the sound of your bike. He'll even confess to believe that you've got way more game than him. (until he smokes you at a light, but we didn't buy cafés to smoke Japanese tour buses).

sounds like a cool ride!
cheers!
D.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah, ya really need Termi's on that thing ;)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put some termis on that thing and I promise your friend with the VFR won't ever make a joke of the sound of your bike. He'll even confess to believe that you've got way more game than him. (until he smokes you at a light, but we didn't buy cafés to smoke Japanese tour buses).

sounds like a cool ride!
cheers!
D.
Japanese tour bus... I'll have to remember that. :D

Yeah, ya really need Termi's on that thing ;)
Yeah, it's on the list, although I don't think I'll go for the Termi's, unless I happen to get a deal on them for a few hundred bucks. They're a bit too pricey for me.

beautiful photos and scenery, thanks for posting!
how did your wrists and waist/upper legs pull up?
"Pull up"?:confused: Do you mean "hold up"? My Canadian is kinda rusty, so I might be wrong. :p

My wrists actually got a little sore by the end of the day. As well as my lower back. My legs were fine. I really miss the frame sliders on my SV, where I could put my legs up for a few miles and stretch them out. Not so much on the Duc. :(

Still lots of fun. :D

·
Registered
985 Posts
Looks like a great ride!

Good call on the Termis. They would kill your gas milage.

The ergos on the GT are probably considerably better, and I can move my feet to the rear pegs. Still, a day in the saddle being buffeted by the wind leaves me tired beyond belief! I ride it anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Very nice!
Love the 'fall colors' scenery/pics.
Though we SoCal dwellers have an amazing amount of 'year round' roads, what we DON'T have in any close proximity are the lush areas that change colors with the seasons. Do get wildflowers and greenery in the Spring provided we had decent winter rains but to me it's not the same.
And now that several wildfires have burned out so much of The Angeles National Forest...
Got any more images to share?
:)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got any more images to share?
:)
I have lots of images... photography is one of my hobbies. :D I say hobby, because I'm not good enough to make a living out of it. :p

I don't have any more of Saturday, but I do have some from last year on the SV.

One from back home.

Went out one night.

Like I said, not great, but it's fun for me, and keeps me out of trouble. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have lots of images... photography is one of my hobbies. :D I say hobby, because I'm not good enough to make a living out of it. :p

I don't have any more of Saturday, but I do have some from last year on the SV.

One from back home.

Went out one night.

Like I said, not great, but it's fun for me, and keeps me out of trouble. :D
That looks like a lot of fun in spite of the weather.

What kind of mirrors do you have on your bike? I am looking to change and I like the way those look.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks like a lot of fun in spite of the weather.

What kind of mirrors do you have on your bike? I am looking to change and I like the way those look.
On the SV (which I no longer have :() I had cheap bar-end bicycle mirrors. I think they were like $15 a piece... you can find them at any bicycle shop.

Stock mirrors on the Duc, of course.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Awesome pictures gentlemen!:)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Your pic, "went out one night": Now that's a great shot!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your pic, "went out one night": Now that's a great shot!
Thanks. Took me a few tries to get it how I wanted... Set the camera on my bookbag with the timer, to reduce movement. :p I had one of me on the bike, but with a 6sec shutter, it's hard for me to stay still for that long.

Oh, and that's down by the fish docks in Hampton, VA, so the smell was quite bad as well. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts