Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace my clutch plates and basket. In the shop manual I can find the clutch basket and hubs re-assembly diagram on page 438 which in turn references to torques in Section C3 page 60, sealant/thread lockers page 18
I can find the "dry clutch drum nut" at 190Nm with "grease B",

What I can't find is the basket bolt torque and what sealant or thread locker to use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
It is listed as "dry clutch housing screw" and my wall chart says 35Nm or about 26ft lbs. The tip off on the confusing name is the blot size listed, a side cover uses 6x1.0 screws and the "dry clutch housing screw" lists them as 8x1.25 since the only other 8mm bolt on that side is the oil pump this must be the clutch outer basket.

I use 270 red on both clutch basket bolts and the large inner clutch drum nut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An experienced mechanic just let me know that he uses 272 and has never had a problem with bolts backing off or oil leakage so I think I will go that route.

I don't like the fact the with the 270 the Loctite site states "Can be disassembled by heating to 300°C" while the 272 needs no heat.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts