Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to let ya know I joined the Ducati world finally... Got the first Fighter in Oklahoma today :D

Needless to say i'm in love. Just wanted to introduce myself... Can't wait to start modding :cool:

Oh by the way i'm James

Sorry for the awful pic. Its with my phone and its dark outside... I'll decent ones tomorrow

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome, James
Do you have anything to share along the lines of ”Bitter Sweet” and “Flat Spot” topics that seem to get a lot of attention present time?

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I saw "Ducati" and "OK", it brought a smile to my face, remembering a funny moment. Years ago I was riding through Oklahoma (from So Cal to Chicago and back) and stopped at a rest stop somewhere between Oklahoma City and Tulsa. An older gentleman, wearing overalls and a t-shirt, got out of a pickup truck, saw my California license plate, and started asking me the usual question- where ya headed, what's it like riding a long way, etc. Then he asked if I knew much about motorcycles, and of course I said "yes". Surely a suave, sophisticated city boy like myself (ha!) knew more about bikes than this farmer from the dustbowl. Then the guy says "do you know much about Ducatis?", as he reaches into his pickup to produce a Ducati brochure. We spent the next 30 minutes discussing the virtues and vices of the 916 versus the Monster for around town riding. It was a hoot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigL.. I haven't really noticed the really bad flat spot that everyone seems to be talking. I only put a few miles on it and this is my first ducati so i'm still just trying to get used to the engine and heavier clutch lol.
The only think that drives me crazy is how that bigass exhaust guard pushes my heel out. That has to go ASAP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I saw "Ducati" and "OK", it brought a smile to my face, remembering a funny moment. Years ago I was riding through Oklahoma (from So Cal to Chicago and back) and stopped at a rest stop somewhere between Oklahoma City and Tulsa. An older gentleman, wearing overalls and a t-shirt, got out of a pickup truck, saw my California license plate, and started asking me the usual question- where ya headed, what's it like riding a long way, etc. Then he asked if I knew much about motorcycles, and of course I said "yes". Surely a suave, sophisticated city boy like myself (ha!) knew more about bikes than this farmer from the dustbowl. Then the guy says "do you know much about Ducatis?", as he reaches into his pickup to produce a Ducati brochure. We spent the next 30 minutes discussing the virtues and vices of the 916 versus the Monster for around town riding. It was a hoot.
lol thats pretty funny... A lot of these country boys do seem to have a lot of random knowledge about stuff like ducati's. Strange... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
328 Posts
congrats! bastard! hah just kidding wishing i had the scratch for one, 6months to a year and I'll be driving one, just gotta wait lodi dodi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts