Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I just purchased my first Ducati (2005 S4R with loads of extras). Red with the offset racing stripe. It was a bit of an impulse buy actually. I wasn't looking for a new bike but saw it online and couldn't take my eyes off of it. While I have been riding most of my adult life (40+) I have never owned a Ducati. I've had loads of Japanese bikes. I had a BMW for a while. I had settled on my favorite being an old Suzuki SV6. I have been riding and modifying one for the better part of 2 years. That's how I discovered I really like twins.

So any rate I bought my S4R and I am now ashamed that it took me this long to discover this machine. I am completely head over heals for this bike. I would consider myself an experienced rider, I have about a dozen track days under my belt. I can't get over how smooth it handles or that raw sense of power, the sound the feel all of it. It just melts into the corners. I literally can't stop smiling. I've been lurking at this forum for the last couple of days and had to join. So much good information.

The first pic is how I got if from the dealer. I have ordered a number of parts to make it my own. Bar end mirrors, shift and brake levers and new rotors (these have the grab and let go effect). The tank bag came with the bike, I'm not sure Ill keep it. The previous owner upgraded the rear shock I may move the can under the tail. Hilariously, he also added and air horn. It actually sounds like a freight train. Needless to say I have ordered the stock horn and will put in this weekend

Thanks and look forward to hanging out.

***Awesome, first post and I typo'ed the title, S4R obviously****

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
DOOH

You have been biten by the Duc´bug:surprise:

Welcome to the party :grin2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts