Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first ducati this weekend, I had a shop in Savannah. We had a 996 and a 748 as shopbikes but thi is my forst to my self! Its a 99 750ss. It will be taken apart over the winter. As soon as i ght the race bikes out of the shop and out away for next season this will roll in.

Good forum look forward to chating with you guys.

Thanks,
Andy

Edit: Where can i get the gold frame paint? someone spilled batt acid down the left side of this thing....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Andy,

I live about 30 minute south of you in MA and have been in the Duc community since 2002. Good place to be!

I had a 1999 944SSie and had the same battery problem as you. The easy solution is an aerosol can from Color-Rite but they are spendy and the color will be close, but not nearly a perfect match. You are better off stopping by a trusty auto body place and having them whip up a color match for you.

At the same time, if you are stripping it down to the frame, just have the whole thing sprayed by someone you trust. The OEM frame paint from that year stunk. Super soft and easy to ruin. Re-do with a clear coated something and you'll be better off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nick, Where are you located? I grew up in Georgetown.... I do my own paint work, I was hoping there would be a cheap aerosol solution so i don't spend $200 on frame paint. plus i like the stock color. I had though of going to another color (one i have leftover) but don't really want to and a base/clear over the frame would be a bit shiny for my taste.

Are you still riding or bike away for the winter?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Andy,

You can probably get a cheap but sufficient air gun from Home Depot and have your local auto body guy blend up a matching color. If you already do your own paint you probably already have the gun though. Or, easy way out is Color-Rite. The aerosol can I bought from them was close, but about a shade too light and the sheen was off too. From 10' away you could notice that something wasn't quite right, but any more than that and the color match was ok.

I am a fair weather rider. Frost on the grass this morning, way too many leaves and pine needles on the road, car drivers don't anticipate bikes on the road...needless to say, my bike is away. Has been since Halloween, actually. At this point my bike involvement is limited to finishing the winterizing process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts