Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:OK well went to start her up today and it could be that she has only 40 miles on her and was right out of the crate but - she would not turn over - the cylinders were firing but would not turn over ( this is a cold start) so then I did it again and just gave a smidge throttle and she woke up - so now the question - is that the way it is? I used to do that on my RC51 and GSXR - or do I already have some sort of issue? thanks - I know lame question but just want to make sure she is all good...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 06 999s with 590 miles and it does that once in a while. Proabably just breakin in still, I would'nt be concerned, nice bike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dr - that is what I thought as well, Break in and new - also I did it on my RC51 and that was a big twin as well. I see you are a Rossi fan? Me and the Mrs have a Rossi room in the house here... Huge Rossi fans for sure... have a good day ...

·
Registered
102 Posts
no problem, a rossi room? you got me beat. The only person I wouldnt mind beating him is hayden, but like thats gona happen lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
Papa, it's the way the 1198 is, my tech told me i had to do from the first day i picked it up.. only when it's cold though, is not uncommon with the 1198, most are the same way

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OZ - thanks for the input - I was guessing that was the way it was - when it is cold is the only reason- after it is warm she fires up right away...so thanks for the help
DOC - I think Hayden needs to goto WSBK - I just do not think he can adjust to the 800cc bikes but we will see. Yes we have a Rossi room and I have I think the count is 4 Rossi replica leather sets and 2 limited helmets. I like Casey Stoner - ok Ill admit I like him for his wife :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts