Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, she ain't a virgin any more!
Took her out for the first time today and put on the first 100 miles, what a ride! It carves the turns like a hot knife in a stick of butter, how I'm gonna keep my license is going to be nothing short than a miracle. I had a S4Rs, a Brutale, a 1098S Tri., a 999R but this one is by far the most fun of all, I can see in the very near future a 999R for sale.......
Any way, I'm sure you've seen photos of a SFS before but I figure I immortalize mine, is new only once!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's few more just for s#*ts and giggles

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice bike LaRossa. Sure looks like you've been busy doing mods. Enjoy the bike it's awesome!

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
How to keep license:
Open transmission, remove 6th, 5th and 4th gears and replace with duplicate 3rd gear. This will at least limit you to around 100mph with the constant reminder of the rev limiter.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
How to keep license:
Open transmission, remove 6th, 5th and 4th gears and replace with duplicate 3rd gear. This will at least limit you to around 100mph with the constant reminder of the rev limiter.
hahaha.. or even remove 3rd.. as 100 is too fast!

I have been driving my bike telling myself, "I'm driving an old bonneville".. it keeps me in the cruising mode and I actually can go the speed limit then

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
That's a beautiful bike - congratulations! :D

Which exhaust you planning / patiently waiting on?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a beautiful bike - congratulations! :D

Which exhaust you planning / patiently waiting on?
My bid would be on Arrow, I love the way it sounds on a twin but it seems these days they are all coming out with the same design and I'm looking for a higher stack, just like in the post "the perfect exhaust".
I already ordered all the material to make my own a while ago, we'll see what happens!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice looking bike and additions. I'm bringing mine in this Tuesday for it's 600 mile service. Just curious which dealership you used, got mine from Formula One in Oakdale.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice looking bike and additions. I'm bringing mine in this Tuesday for it's 600 mile service. Just curious which dealership you used, got mine from Formula One in Oakdale.
God bless you, you take it to ****** uh?
For me is Supermoto in Saint James, never had an issue with Joe with any of the 4 ducs I've owned.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let's just say that there have been a lot of unhappy customers, even his top salesman, Joe Rossi has moved to a better place.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Let's just say that there have been a lot of unhappy customers, even his top salesman, Joe Rossi has moved to a better place.
Joe was the guy I was originally dealing with and he was great. I would stop in every month or so just to talk and he was always helpful, professional and polite. I was kind of shocked when on one of my visits I found out he had left.
Any issues with service?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Mostly with the service!
I remember reading someone dropping off the bike for svc and when he went to pick it up he found out it was dropped and they denyed any involvement, or the other guy that picked up his new bike and on his way home the bike took a crap so he called the dealer and they made him pay for the tow.....
Here's another happy customer from Smithtown
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=32567

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow, thanks! I also know Dave and Joe from Long Island Motorcycle parts and they are great. Had them replace the stock shocks and revalve/spring the forks on my other two bikes.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, thanks! I also know Dave and Joe from Long Island Motorcycle parts and they are great. Had them replace the stock shocks and revalve/spring the forks on my other two bikes.
They're 1/2 mile down the road from the Ducati dealer

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's great, very easy to get to from work. I'm going to call them tomorrow and make an appointment.
I owe you one!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very nice! I like how your mods make the bike so clean-looking. Where'd you get the bar-end mirrors and the brake/clutch reservoirs?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's great, very easy to get to from work. I'm going to call them tomorrow and make an appointment.
I owe you one!!
If you're making the appointment for the service at Supermoto, tell Joe that Mauro sent you, it might speed up the appointment date since you didn't get the bike there. Dave at L I M parts is great but I don't know how much experience his mechanics have on Ducatis, Joe on the other hand is not only the owner, but also 1 of 40 in the country certified DD16RR race tech, something to keep in mind. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts