Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
According to the folks over at AdvRider; Newcombs is gone...

Thoughts and prayers to all those who's lives and homes are threatened.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
According to the folks over at AdvRider; Newcombs is gone...

Thoughts and prayers to all those who's lives and homes are threatened.
I got the same info, Newcombs is burned up, as is the little Mom & Pop place on the way to 9 mile, I'm feeling really bummed about this one......:(
My prayers are also with the residents & firefighters, God bless all of them. Aloha Alex

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I don't think Newcomb's is gone ... somebody check satellite footage from Google Earth and get back to me.

My closest friend has been fighting that fire since day one so I'll get first-hand info when everything blows over.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
Follow this link for a live camera on Mt. Wilson:

http://www.webcambiglook.com/wilson.html

Oops (cut and pasted from the site): Note: The Mount Wilson webserver has gone down, most likely due to a backfire infiltration of a pull box containing telephone lines that bring us our T1 internet service. The will be no more updates from the Towercam, the last one being upoaded at 13:49:06.

Go here for addition fire info on The Crest: http://www.chara.gsu.edu/CHARA/fire.php

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Here's the fire perimeter from GeoMAC.

Google wouldn't show any actual images for a while.

Looks pretty close.

Attachments

·
Banned
71 Posts
i got a text last night at like 1130 saying it was on fire, but now im hearing that it survived...

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
According to the LA Times Angeles Crest Highway will be closed from La Canada (the bottom) to Islip Saddle (past the tunnels above Newcombs) for an indefinite period of time. The fire destroyed all the signage, guard rails and road lining; additionally, due to lack of foliage it can only be assumed that even moderate rainfall will result in landslides.

ACH may be open again, but if it happens in the next 5 years I'll be surprised. With the state's current budget issues I seriously doubt any type of timely actions will be taken.

Discuss...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts