Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use oberon bar end signals so i made up a battery box ,tail end bracket and licence plate holder it is surprising how much thought goes into such simple things. the tail needs a buff and pollish but the paint has to cure for a bit
i just spray bombed the pieces you can see some scribe lines in the pieces

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice! I need to make a new one too. I just got a warning ticket on Sunday for my license plate being tucked too high (near the battery). Looks like the California Highway Patrol are on the prowl for tail light and license plate violations; at least this is what I'm told.

- License plates need to be in plain view w/ no extreme angles + easily seen
- Tail lights need to be 9 inches apart from left to right signal and all (signals and stop light) are suppose to be three separate fixtures/lights. The integrated ones are enough for them to stop you.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Nice! I need to make a new one too. I just got a warning ticket on Sunday for my license plate being tucked too high (near the battery). Looks like the California Highway Patrol are on the prowl for tail light and license plate violations; at least this is what I'm told.

- License plates need to be in plain view w/ no extreme angles + easily seen
- Tail lights need to be 9 inches apart from left to right signal and all (signals and stop light) are suppose to be three separate fixtures/lights. The integrated ones are enough for them to stop you.
My SC is on the truck right now coming across the US to San Diego. I expect a setup like the seller had is going to end up getting me a ticket sometime. Bummer...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a way to make the tidy with signals i just alter the
brace which is aluminum brazed in place with a couple of tabs i just never really looked which style of signal goes with the tail light

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its made by airtec i just cut it into a shape i liked the seat pan and bottom i sprayed it with bed liner. why?? the seat pad adheisive would pull the paint
off the pan also gives the pan and tail a little strength

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Just wondered. As I know the Airtech has no mounting hardware, so was interested that you made your own and so wondered it it was Airtech. You should sell those to Airtech owners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts