Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my first '92 851 about 6 years ago, with aspirations of buying a 888. I don't know why, but I kept going back to the 851 (pre-'92), and decided the scrap the search for a 888. Something about the styling of the pre-'92 was just strikingly beautiful to me eyes. So, after a 6 year search, I bought my current 851 from a collector, who had bought it from another collector. The original purchaser/owner of the bike (I have the original title) was a very influential financial guy. The bike has less than 1,400 original miles, and I have two sets of fairings, one to present the bike as bone stock, and one a "race" set of fairings. The base set of fairings had some marks from the bike being moved around in 2 collections, and I just couldn't stand it. As CEO and President of the Global OCD Association of America, the fairings had to be as perfect as the rest of the bike. As such, I went on a search for someone to restore them to factory condition. Enter Sean at CCR in Connecticut. He's now in the process of restoring my fairings to their former glory. Once completed, I'm likely going to pickle the bike and move it into my office, as I don't know that I'll ever sell this one!

Quick glam photo of the "race" set of fairings attached. I'll upload a picture of the stock fairing set once Sean gets them done!

Race Fairings.jpg

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sean does some incredible work. I used to work for Steve at ECS and saw some of Sean's stuff. good choice!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Must have been in some polite races - there's indicator holes...!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts