Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here it is. 06 749 Dark. Been riding it for a month now.. She was a basket case when I got her. Front wheel was cracked, rotor bent, frame bent. most of the body work was torn off. Gauges were broken, missing keys. Could not start it nor did I want to, until i adjusted valves and changed belts.

Rim and rotor were fixed at m.c wheel $200.00
Frame was straightened at GP Frame and wheel, up in napa california $450.00
Gauges baught on ebay $900.00
Frame powder coated at lone star powder coating $200.00 (Satin Black)
Body panels were baught on ebay, Then I painted them with Dupli-Color Bumper Black Rattle can Paint.
Trim pieces were done at signature plating (polished Black)
The Ducati lettering was cut on a CNC, and is made of .016 thick aluminum

Total cost of bike was about 6k

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
looks fine for all the work, congrats. Titled or salvage?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Nice restoration. It's nice to see another Ducati not hitting the Parts Dismantler's shop. I enjoy bringing bikes back from the dead also, great satisfaction.

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tank pad

I work in the aircraft field. so I used this stuff that we have in stock called 3m scotch weld neoprene contact adhesive. I also baught some stuff from autozone called 3m molding tape. I used it to hold the ducati lettering with. That might work as well for you..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice job. I like the black frame. Did you laser the lettering out or water jet it?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lettering

I used a cnc router, using a 1/16 and 1/8th endmill. might make some more and sell them on flea bay.

·
Registered
835 Posts
How much did you pay for the bike?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts