Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet again today I was asked questions about my SC1000S at a biker cafe, which of course started up the usual conversation and the usual, "what's it like to ride?" question. I traded in an R1 for the SC, and as the R1 is my most recent point of reference I use it for comparision. Here's what I've come up with.....

The R1 is like a scalpel. Very precise, extremely effecient, can be dangerous, can seriously hurt you if you're not careful.

The SC is like a carving knife. Comfortable, reassuring, forgiving if you're a little bit lazy, can be very precise if you're careful, and feels good in your hands.

anyone else have a favorite analogy which gets the message across?

·
Registered
309 Posts
An R1 is like a Vin Diesel, the SC is like Steve McQueen?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The biggest thrill is being allowed to enjoy the 'young forbidden blonde' and the wife at the same time ;)

Greg.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
nice new logo, wasp!

I don't know if I agree so much with the R1=wife and SC=mistress analogy...

I think it's the other way around.. unless you're married to a racy woman (who lethal in bed the same way an R1 is lethal on the road) and who's kinda vulgar, and you long for a well behaved classic beauty who none-the less likes to have fun and has the curves to turn heads...

to me, the SC is the classic beauty with character and the R1 a vegas stripper, (no offense, anyone...)

OR:

SC is the porsche 911 / R1 is a Honda NSX or a Nissan GTR... No?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts