Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried few options with the arrow midpipe and nothing sounded like I think it should, too loud, not deep enough, so I went back and did the same thing I did to my old pp and streetfighter, arrow thunder.
A couple of tries brought it down to no db killer and 3.5" shortening, absolutely perfect noise in my opinion of course, deep as I like and loud but not half as loud as with the other cans I tested, it sounds just like the sfs I once modified.
Next week is going on the dyno for the PC V tuning, no, I don't really care about the flat spot between 2300 and 2450 rpms, I don't hang out in that rpm range at all.
I also took a tooth off the front sprocket, this is gonna be fun!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Next week is going on the dyno for the PC V tuning, no, I don't really care about the flat spot between 2300 and 2450 rpms, I don't hang out in that rpm range at all.

14T front a remap and a decat will do just fine! Just keep it a little higher in revs (6k +) you'll never notice any dip and it's gonna be a blast. Have fun

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
14T front a remap and a decat will do just fine! Just keep it a little higher in revs (6k +) you'll never notice any dip and it's gonna be a blast. Have fun

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Got her back today, she's pretty angry, I guess I'll have to test her out over the weekend on a longer ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! In comparison, how was the Projet?
The lower graph is the dyno jet version of the full termi, the upper is the fine tune result on the dyno.
Overall gained I think 9hp on the top and 18 on the midrange from the dyno jet map, we'll see, rain forecast for the weekend.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck! I looked at the ProJet SC cans, but they gotta be loud!
Didn't use the sc project, nasty loud but it can be toned down with drop in baffles but ended up with the arrow, imo the only one for Ducati, even the termi can that came with the PP was too loud.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have you got the AFR graph from the dyno?, be interesting to see where the tuner made the power tweaks.

Did you loose any MPG, 3-5?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you got the AFR graph from the dyno?, be interesting to see where the tuner made the power tweaks.

No, never got that graph from the tuner but I did lose mpg, she's thirsty now although I keep it always in sport mode so it's to be expected

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

No, never got that graph from the tuner but I did lose mpg, she's thirsty now although I keep it always in sport mode so it's to be expected

·
Registered
681 Posts
Didn't use the sc project, nasty loud but it can be toned down with drop in baffles but ended up with the arrow, imo the only one for Ducati, even the termi can that came with the PP was too loud.
Those SC-Project "racing only" cans shown are over-the-top loud. I have a homologated SC-Project exhaust on the Monster and it's loud without the baffle. BTW, as you know but for the guys here, the PP Termi can is not a silencer. It's summarily just cosmetic. The silencing is done at the stock mid-section. Using the PP's Termi with a de-cat mid-pipe is equivalent to an open pipe with no silencer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried few options with the arrow midpipe and nothing sounded like I think it should, too loud, not deep enough, so I went back and did the same thing I did to my old pp and streetfighter, arrow thunder.
A couple of tries brought it down to no db killer and 3.5" shortening, absolutely perfect noise in my opinion of course, deep as I like and loud but not half as loud as with the other cans I tested, it sounds just like the sfs I once modified.
So it fits, superb, any more pics of the final result?
Will the Termi slip on fit? I love the look of it. Will it be possible to slip in a dbkiller in the first part of it?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So it fits, superb, any more pics of the final result?
Will the Termi slip on fit? I love the look of it. Will it be possible to slip in a dbkiller in the first part of it?
The termi slip on will fit, you would have to massage a drop in baffle since if you look on the inside of the termi carbon piece is almost a step down type, not a straight through.
If you don't use the baffle the termi can is almost like not having it, absolutely fantastic in decel. but borderline obnoxious. You'll need good earplugs for sure.
Worth selling it and get a good can imho.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In order to use the termi can and the midpipe I would suggest welding a resonator between the y connection and the end of the pipe, just like leo Vince did for the 2012 years, that wasn't great to look at but worked really good, I see if I can pull up a pic of it, I used it on my old 12pp

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts