Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for some mirrors for my bike for awhile. I don't really care for the look of the stock ones (remind me of the mini truckin' fad in the 80s) and don't like having to turn my head for bar ends. Anyways, lots of cheap looking ones out there but came across these ones. These are made by the same manufacturer that makes the Ducati performance mirrors, in Italy. Very high quality.

I bought them from Moto science. Henri is one of the most helpful people I've ran into! I must've sent him a dozen emails discussing the angles and mounts. He never got tired of me, excellent service, highly recommended. http://motoscience.mybisi.com/ He also has a different style offered for the carbies.

This mirror style only come with the LED lights but I'm going to paint my lens plain black this weekend. Although, the lighted version might be a good altenative for people with race fairings. Also, Henri was working on having the manufacturer drill the holes for the early SS mount but I had to drill my own. No big deal, the mount is hard plastic.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Floundering,

Can you post a photo of the mirror mount where it meets the fairing? I'd like to see what it looks like mounted up close and how the extra (empty) mounting holes look.

Thanks for the find, these look like they might be a good option.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These mirrors are $139 for the pair. Not bad considering Rizomas fetch about $180 each. The quality of these are excellent. I'll get some close up pics when I mount the other one on this weekend.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks for the post. I like the mirrors and if they work as as good as they look, I don't think the price is too bad either. I'd be very interested in a report from the saddle. I've got extenders on my stockers and while I can actually see something back there, they do shake, shimmy and roll quite a bit which is annoying and also promotes that dreaded mirror droop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
These mirrors are $139 for the pair. Not bad considering Rizomas fetch about $180 each. The quality of these are excellent. I'll get some close up pics when I mount the other one on this weekend.

I think they are 225 a pair, the 139 ones have a different profile and different light. I'd be totally OK (well, the wife might be OK) with $139, but $225? That's a much tougher sell.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The $225 ones are a little larger. They look nice as well but I think this $139 size looks great. I'm hoping to get my first test drive in this weekend but I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got them both mounted on the bike. I removed the bulb, socket, and wiring and painted the lenses gloss black. The first pic is kind of a crude way to mount these. Just drill some holes where you want them and put them on.

I decided I didn't like that. I think the cleanest way would be to make some aluminum plates, drill 2 outer holes the width of the ducati and tap 2 inner holes the width of the mirror. I like this way but really wanted to finish up some other things on the bike.

I decided to just put in some screw eyes for now. I squared up the mount to a block of wood and drilled a 5/32 hole (about 3.5mm up from the bottom),

then countersunk the top with a 7/16 bit.

Then painted my screw eyes black and screwed them in. I put in a black plastic washer underneath it. The screw eyes are 1 3/8 (Ace #5360094). It didn't take long at all. I'm going to fill the middle hole with a dab of silicone. Anyways, a little bit of work but they look really good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's a new mirror solution for the 92-98 Ducati Supersports with the 63mm mirror mounts. The holes are drilled to match the Supersport mounts 63mm,
the offset on one hole is intentional. The Vitaloni mirrors were an adapted car mirror. The FAR stalk mirrors adapted to the Supersport are better functional mirrors than the Vitaloni mirrors....regards,Henri
http://moto-science.com/

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted to give a little update. I got to put some miles on with the new mirrors. These are excellent! No vibration and never lost my initial adjustment.

I do have to nudge my elbows in just about 2 inches to see directly behind me but other than that, great visibility. I'm not sure how the stock mirrors are, since mine didn't have them when I bought it, but considering these stems look a little longer, I'm sure there at least as good if not better.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I quite like the original look but when I was short a mirror (as the fitted ones fell off) I located some race car mirrors on demontweaks? shop website. pic attached (hopefully). I've since got some originals back on suitably tweaked to sort the droopy syndrome.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts