Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of Thursday I'm officially the owner of this beast. I'm still in disbelief that I finally own a Duc! Copied and pasted this post from a different group so apologies for formatting. Looking for suggestions below -

Got this 2011 SP at an absolute steal with 6900 on the clock even though it was a rebuilt title (I looked at it for hours to be sure). So it does need a big tune up. Anyone suggest a forum or post about doing a full tune up on my own or just take it into the dealership?

A list of what I plan to do to her (in order):

Weird idle issue - RPMs are all over the place during idle and occasionally dies, both at a standstill and when shifting into first, need to do more research on wtf is happening. I've been told to check vacuum lines and crank position sensor.

Tires - Thinking Michelin road 5's or battlax's. I'm looking for the perfect mix of long-lasting for commute but can handle an occasional track day.

Chain and sprockets - 520 conversion worth it? Which brand(s) if i either go 520 way or go stock?

Oil - no clue what is in it...

Ducati Performance Seat - I'm 5'7", need all the leg room I can get, nuff said. Does anyone else make a good (shorter) seat? Anyone selling one?

Exhaust - going to start with coring the stock exhaust because I hate how it cuts out that low v-twin rumble we all love. I want to remain 2-1-2 and will eventually run a decat - still considering slip on options - the deeper the noise the happier the kevin

Clutch cover and clutch - can tell it needs a new plates but not immediately, going to put a carbon open cover on it too.

Airbox - going to do either the MWR or velocity stacks, anyone have a strong preference?

ECU - Alright this is where I'm stumped, I know nothing about this but know it is necessary for the mods I will be doing. What is the best and cheapest and even doable-at home option?

Mirrors - I prefer the handguard/bar end option that came stock so I'm looking to trade the ducati performance ones if anyone's looking.

Last but not least I'm going to do the full belts and cams service myself. I've got more than half the tools and will buy the specialty/single-purpose ones when I come close. LMK if you're selling them (flywheel puller, cam holder, etc.)

Looking forward to a hell of a riding season in ATX..

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely will do, been making my way through that thread slowly but surely

thanks JB!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts