Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first bike yesterday! A 2007 Monster S2R 800. I flew out, picked it up and rode about 650 miles back home so I could be at work today. It was an awesome but tough ride.
This is my first but I am in love. She looks and sounds amazing!! I'll take some pictures tonight or tomorrow and post them.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Let’s see it !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's a tough ride on a bike with no wind protection. It's a great way to get to know it though.
Yeah it was a tough but fun ride. Wind was pretty bad at 80+. I really got to know the bike on the ride. At the beginning I was kinda shaky because I hadn't ridden in about 7 years. By the end the bike felt like an extension of myself.
Here is a picture, I'll take some better ones and upload them in the next couple days.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did about 350 miles on my m800 in a day last year (white mountains) I didn't walk right for a couple days... Bike is extremely cramped for me, but I've gotten used to having my nuts compacted on the regular. You're right about the wind at 80+. But I try to look at it in a positive way, going 75mph on these bikes feels faster than going 130+ on a 600-1000 I4. We'll call it 'safer' ;). Beautiful bike, enjoy it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did about 350 miles on my m800 in a day last year (white mountains) I didn't walk right for a couple days... Bike is extremely cramped for me, but I've gotten used to having my nuts compacted on the regular. You're right about the wind at 80+. But I try to look at it in a positive way, going 75mph on these bikes feels faster than going 130+ on a 600-1000 I4. We'll call it 'safer' ;). Beautiful bike, enjoy it!
Yeah having my nuts compacted was the worst part of the ride. My legs are still a little sore.

Give those Termis some love! New decals are available cheap online! Beautiful bike!
Cool, I'll get a set ordered!

As promised here are some better pictures.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts