Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha convinced him to change the contract. Tech(san) 3 team for Spies with Edwards, Toseland back to the minors.

Yamaha's release -

Yamaha Motor Company., Ltd herewith confirms that Ben Spies, currently 2nd in the World Superbike Championship, will be moving to the MotoGP Championship in 2010 to join the Tech 3 Yamaha Team. The Texan recently signed a two-year deal with Yamaha, which originally planned for him to remain in World Superbike for one more year before moving to MotoGP in 2011, but Spies and Yamaha together have decided to advance the move by one year. The 25-year-old is currently just three points behind and has just two more World Superbike rounds to contest in his efforts to win his and Yamaha's first World Superbike title.

"I want to thank Yamaha globally for their faith in me," said Spies. "They have treated me like royalty! Yamaha just recently allowed me to rethink my contract for 2010-2011; I did sign for WSB for 2010 but after Indy I began thinking of the competition and my age versus waiting until 2011. This was not an easy decision, the Yamaha World Superbike Team crew and especially Massimo (Maio) Meregalli have been fantastic and it's been great fun to put in a season together. I am hoping that I can give Maio, Laurens Klein Koerkamp and everyone else a championship to remember this year with me. My thanks also extend to 'Infront', the promoter of the WSB series, especially Paolo Ciabatti. I have enjoyed his series and this first year racing in Europe. Now I have two challenges, to complete this year giving my best and to move towards new goals in MotoGP. Herve Poncharal at Tech 3 is showing his support by allowing me to come on board with my Crew Chief Tom Houseworth and Gregory Wood, my mechanic, who have both been with me since AMA days. We will have learning curves to overcome next year but I am up for the new goal. I hope to have a good year and my goal is to try and stay in the top 6-8 which, given the talented line up, will be a tall order. With the world upside down, there is one constant for me and that's Yamaha."

Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing, said "Following the announcement of Ben's two year deal with Yamaha one month ago, he has reassessed his options and decided that he would like to move to MotoGP sooner rather than later. Yamaha has considered his request and together with Tech 3 we were able to find a way to make it happen. Ben has done a fantastic job in his rookie season in World Superbike and we are very excited to now be welcoming him into our MotoGP program sooner than we originally expected. We believe that Ben will be a fast learner next season and a strong future championship contender. We look forward to working with him in the years ahead"

Laurens Klein Koerkamp of Yamaha Motor Europe commented, "Of course we're sorry to see Ben leave Yamaha's World Superbike program and we are currently enjoying a fantastic season with him, but it's clear that it's the right decision for Ben's career and for Yamaha. One of Yamaha's goals is to bring up future MotoGP talent through Superbike and it is satisfying for us to see that this rider development route is working. Before he moves we still have some serious business to finish with Ben this year at the remaining two rounds!

"Although Ben will be missed I have no doubt that our new World Superbike line-up for next year will see us once again challenging for the title. We will be cheering loudly for Ben in MotoGP and we look forward to seeing him on the YZR-M1."

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And just for fun - expect to see him on the bike at the final GP this year ;)

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Totally Awesome can't wait to see the Tech 3 team line up next year with my two favorite riders. Should be interesting to see Spies in Moto GP next year fly past Hayden. Sorry I couldn't help myself :D.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Just like it was predicted six months ago that Spies wouldn't amount to anything. Keep 'em coming, Nostradamus! :alien:
Here is my quote from October... (pre-season)

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showpost.php?p=506143&postcount=1

I'm actually kinda shocked how right I was about some of the predictions... Some were way off, looks like Yamaha is having the best year of all! BSB/GP/WSS and possibly WSBK! OUCH!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Since you have the time, add up the total number of your "predictions" and see what your batting percentage is.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It took me maybe half a dozen of your posts to realize you had no idea what you were talking about and haven't done more than skim your "predictions" since then. No point in reading them when you'll change your mind as you realize you were wrong.

You can tell people you know all about racing as much as you like Tye. By now people here know better.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
It took me maybe half a dozen of your posts to realize you had no idea what you were talking about and haven't done more than skim your "predictions" since then. No point in reading them when you'll change your mind as you realize you were wrong.

You can tell people you know all about racing as much as you like Tye. By now people here know better.
In a prediction, do you have to know what you're talking about? Seriously, its like betting on a horse. You're lucky if you have any back-knowledge or a bookie tellin' ya who's good or not.

Read my prediction from October of 2008:
- Ben Spies will do extremely well, he could actually be 2nd or 3rd in the championship.
Tom Sykes will do poorly, he'll be mid to back pack most of the season. Its too bad too, he's a great guy.
- The Aprilia team is doomed, Biaggi and Nakano will end up crashing a lot and if they're on top at all, it will be for short sprits where power makes a difference. They will definitely get some podiums and possibly a few race wins, but in the end, won't be a championship winning team.
-Shane Byrne will struggle to keep pace with the big guys, but he'll at least put on a good show.

Those 4 quotes alone came true... Spies is 2nd in the championship, Tom has done jack shit. Nakano crashed out and is done for the season, Biaggi used the bikes power to do well in a few races. Shaky hasn't done jack shit, but has put on a good show!

Dude, this prediction was nail on the head perfect. So for all the times I was wrong along with everyone else MID season, my pre-season prediction was pretty good.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, if you're going to predict something you should have a clue what you're talking about. That is the whole point of calling it a prediction rather than "shit I say to look important event though I'm clueless".

Maybe you just need to rephrase when you spout off...

As for your guesses being right since you took them from news reports of people who actually do have a clue - who cares?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
do you mean like this one from feb?

haga will crash just as many times as he has race wins

ben will beat haga in the final standings...period

haga does need to crash a bit more

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
So you expect me to ride the Aprilia WSBK bike and then work with Max Biaggi in person to get a better "feel" for how he'd do.

Shit dude, we all base our opinions on news reports, you too. :rolleyes:
Oh really? All those times of you speaking of your inside sources is what this amounts to now? Keep padding that post count, Tye....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts