Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The GT I bought saturday ran good but...............I wanted to check the throttle bodies very easy to do. I installed the carb tune set sinked the bodies perfect at about 4000 rpm and then knocked out the plugs and set the idle mixture with the air screws also perfect with the carb tune...this item cost me about $100 over a year ago. Been dying to use it on something. I also drilled two holes in each pipe.............second gear with the 14 tooth sprocket is very easy now no clutch. I read a few articles about guys tuning there throttle bodies..............Alot of what I read was BS. It is very easy. At least with the carb tune. Had to chew the boys ass though told him to take it down the road. And he is out doing 3rd gear 70 mph wheelie's...........I don't have the talent to do that. Matter infact I would say the bike can't even do it. But then the boy goes by doing it. Talent,being young and I guess stupid gets the job done. Glad my bike made it home in one piece.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just bought one, and when I got it hooked up (which was easy, but took 1/2 hour) it was off enough at idle that I would have adjusted it, but it was perfect at 3K+, so I left it alone. But you said then you set the idle screws? Would this mess with it at higher RPM if I set it to be even at idle?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry about that. I mean't the air screw's.

Well actually if those are air screws then my bike was rich at the stock setting on 1 cylinder. I actually had to lean one side down at idle to match the other side. The bike seems to die a little easier when not warmed up all the way. I might turn both screws all the way in to richen up the bottom. I had to synchronize at 3000rpm which then stayed the same all the way up after the sinc. Then I would adjust the bottom with the air screws. If a guy could turn the idle up some which from what I have read on here the computor keeps bike around 1200--1300 rpm at idle. I also drilled the pipes and that changed the bottom also. Why a 1/2 hour to hook up your carb tune. That must include setting and cutting the carb tune hose's. I just hung from handle bar grip hooked up hoses turned bike on and did it. I am going over to my buddys shop and using is dyno sniffer I guess to adjust my A/F with the air screws......... Also got a 02 manipulator coming. When it gets here I am going to do a dyno run to see what she has got.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Well actually if those are air screws then my bike was rich at the stock setting on 1 cylinder. I actually had to lean one side down at idle to match the other side. The bike seems to die a little easier when not warmed up all the way. I might turn both screws all the way in to richen up the bottom. I had to synchronize at 3000rpm which then stayed the same all the way up after the sinc. Then I would adjust the bottom with the air screws. If a guy could turn the idle up some which from what I have read on here the computor keeps bike around 1200--1300 rpm at idle. I also drilled the pipes and that changed the bottom also. Why a 1/2 hour to hook up your carb tune. That must include setting and cutting the carb tune hose's. I just hung from handle bar grip hooked up hoses turned bike on and did it. I am going over to my buddys shop and using is dyno sniffer I guess to adjust my A/F with the air screws......... Also got a 02 manipulator coming. When it gets here I am going to do a dyno run to see what she has got.
Sounds good. Keep us posted. We see a lot of figures on heavily modified bikes, it's relevant to many of us to see figures on primarily stock bikes with mods many of us have made.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have to report back on my throttle bodie job.

Bike runs great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but yesturday I found out on my buddies dyno the bottom was way to lean with air box drilled. While on the dyno the right pipe turned purple in spots. I adjust the air screws all the way back in. I had sinked the throttle bodies with the linkage at about 3500 rpm. I then at idle sinked with the air screws bike did run more even. But to do it I had to lean the left bank down to match the right side...............it don't make since but the right side was almost all the way air screw turned in and is still to lean burned pipe and muffler. My 02 manipultor is on its way this week I hope. The bike did make with 14 tooth sprocket,air box drilled,4 holes in exhuast 81.96 HP and 62.17 TQ. mid range and top end was rich. The A/F monitor would dive down at about 48 mph in 4th gear. I need to go over and get a read out of the rpm's. I would hit throttle about 3500 rpm.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the 02 manipulator

gets here. I am going to take the co testor home from work close the air screws reset the throttle bodies around 3500. And use the co testor to set the air screws. Seems like this is what the guys on here are doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts