Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I would just like to thank everyone for all the great information they have posted on this site; it has allowed me to keep my sanity until the bike showed up (put my deposit down last November)! I decided to go ahead with the SF, despite some of the negative reviews, and just hope for the best.

Mine also suffers from the "Flat Spot" but will check into the new map when I bring the bike in for service. Unfortunately, the service will be next week, because after only about 130 miles, the bike will not start. Seems like it is also suffering from the loose fuel line issue that many of you have described.

I enjoyed the one and only ride I managed to take, while bringing it home from the dealer, but I'm obviously disappointed that I can't ride it on one of the only sunny days we've had in the past month.
Good thing my 1998 VTR1000F still runs great!

Thanks again for providing such a great resource.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
First off, I would just like to thank everyone for all the great information they have posted on this site; it has allowed me to keep my sanity until the bike showed up (put my deposit down last November)! I decided to go ahead with the SF, despite some of the negative reviews, and just hope for the best.

Mine also suffers from the "Flat Spot" but will check into the new map when I bring the bike in for service. Unfortunately, the service will be next week, because after only about 130 miles, the bike will not start. Seems like it is also suffering from the loose fuel line issue that many of you have described.

I enjoyed the one and only ride I managed to take, while bringing it home from the dealer, but I'm obviously disappointed that I can't ride it on one of the only sunny days we've had in the past month.
Good thing my 1998 VTR1000F still runs great!

Thanks again for providing such a great resource.
Congrats on the purchase, sorry to hear that your bike is having starting issues.

I also upgraded from a '98 Superhawk, which I've enjoyed riding for the last 7years...it's a great bike.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Cheer up, my fellow SF owner; it does not rain forever..........
Look at the bright side; you are already done with loose hose on the fuel pump. From this point on it's all up for you and the bike.
This set back is just another hidden price to pay for buying a first year model, not a big deal.
When it all said and done I believe you will enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheer up, my fellow SF owner; it does not rain forever..........
Look at the bright side; you are already done with loose hose on the fuel pump. From this point on it's all up for you and the bike.
This set back is just another hidden price to pay for buying a first year model, not a big deal.
When it all said and done I believe you will enjoy your bike.
Thanks, I'm sure things will work out as well. This will be my first service experience with this dealer so I've got my fingers crossed.
The SF really fits me well, no issues with my right foot hitting the exhaust shield, very comfortable riding position and incredible brakes.

I agree that the VTR is also a great bike. Replaced the rear shock with Ohlins, revalved the forks with race-tech and added heli-bars; the difference was amazing.:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, DNA should put out a bulletin to the dealers to check the fuel line and clamp on all the Streetfighters during the dealer prep and inspection. It would save a lot of heartache and ill feelings amongst the club members.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
also check these hoses.. Mine started leaking at about 200 miles. annoying but fixable

oh and my oil leak from a previous post.. the dealer is ordering a new seal so it's gonna be fixed when they get it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the update. Glad they figured it out. I'm going to check those hoses when I get home top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts