Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very excited that now I can be an official member of the group. Bought a '14 Multistrada 1200 S Pikes Peak on Sunday. It is in pristine shape and has lots of nice mods on it already. In fact I cannot imagine a mod that has not already been done. The seller really put a lot of his heart into this bike and I think I happened upon a nice machine.

After riding it for a couple days, however, I am finding it is a bit loud for me, being de-catted and having an SC-Project CR-T exhaust. Sounds great, but it is wearing and I am especially conscious of it riding through my neighborhood. In the short term I will get some ear plugs (this won;t help my neighbors). This exhaust does not have a db-killer/baffle available it seems. I would imagine that I will eventually change this out to something a bit quieter. While I have most of the original parts, but the cat was sold and I just have the original cans. Would anyone have any recommendations for an exhaust that can go on the cat delete pipe, would be quieter than the SC CR-T, but still have good character?

Thanks!

I stole the seller's picture since it was better than the ones I took so far...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Theres quite a few people that like the sound of the stock cans when de-catted. As far as Ive heard, the stock cans dont do much muffling and its all done at the CAT.

OH, and nice bike! I had my eyes on this before I bought my 1100S!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Exquisite bike to say the least.
You can stick with SC-P with a slip-on that's homologated. These are quieter than the CR-T's and also come with removable baffles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exquisite bike to say the least.
You can stick with SC-P with a slip-on that's homologated. These are quieter than the CR-T's and also come with removable baffles.
Thanks, is there a specific one you would recommend?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks, is there a specific one you would recommend?
The road series ovals come with a removable baffle. Since you have a custom pipe, i would approach this challenge by contacting SC-P with your existing CR-T's exhaust diameter (60mm, 65mm or 70mm) and a photo of your bike for suggestions. You may have to cut your pipe following the 2 into 1 portion for space. Can't tell if you have a link pipe under that tape.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The road series ovals come with a removable baffle. Since you have a custom pipe, i would approach this challenge by contacting SC-P with your existing CR-T's exhaust diameter (60mm, 65mm or 70mm) and a photo of your bike for suggestions. You may have to cut your pipe following the 2 into 1 portion for space. Can't tell if you have a link pipe under that tape.
It looks like the mid pipe came with the CR-T from SC-P as a kit. I contacted them to see if they can recommend a quieter muffler that will fit on the same pipe. The seller had a Mivv Suono on the bike (with different pipe) before this one. He felt it was too quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts