Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone...have posted a couple times here but never as a Superbike owner until now! I've had a 2005 Monster S4R for about 2 years now but have had a major craving for a superbike for some time. I figured the 848 was a great choice for me since it has similar power to me Monster (I have no need to ride a bike I can't handle). Anyway, I thought about buying a Hayden special when it came out and actually got a pretty good quote from a local dealer. BUT, this little gem showed up at Spectrum last weekend and is LOADED. Since it's a year old, I got it MUCH cheaper than brand new. Its an 08, full termi exhaust, CRG levers, billet rear sets, ducati performance stabilizer, carbon front and rear fenders, double bubble skin, Ducati Racing seat. Not much need for anything else. Here are a few photos:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very nice! But lose the frame sticker!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
great ride buddy...enjoy

·
Registered
46 Posts
NICE!!!:yeah:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sticker-ectomy comments already! Sheesh! LOL.....thanks guys, I'm pumped! Put about 60 miles on her last night and fun with each one of them. Didn't take too long to adjust from riding on the Monster. I am pleasantly surprised with how much I like the wet clutch (easy pull, smooth tranny) and the engine is so smooth, power linear.

The seat feels similar in terms of comfort but I'm told that it's much "stickier" than the stock seat keeping you from slamming into the tank under heaving breaking. So far so good.

Finally, I DEFINITELY plan to put this one thru the paces on the track...it's the main reason I got her!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very nice looking ride. Best of luck with it...B safe on her!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Indeed, your bike looks great.
I am a big pearl white 848 fan. And the carbon really sets it off.

Too bad it seems like there is no good inventory of used bikes in Chicago.

Enjoy it in good health. Ride safely.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Great looking bike. I had an 04 S4r I traded it on a GT1000. I got an '08 1098s also. Cant beat a Duc.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good for you. Im about to go out and put a couple ticks on mine. What a great bike. Now that I road a bunch in Cali the roads near my home suck. Oh well the I have the mtns for the weekends. BTW I would have gotten the white also if not for the Hayden.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did 250 miles up to Idyllwild and back to Orange County on Monday. You should definitely check it out, especially if you can do a weekday ride, it was somewhat desolate! Good route (74 out of Hemet). Gonna try Angeles Crest in a couple of weeks.

The white is a nice color but it was the Hayden scheme that sucked me into this whole situation in the first place!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts