Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my project is finally finished. I have some new decals coming for the slip ons but other than that, I can't think of anything else I want to do to her. I really love how it turned out.

I wish I was a better photogapher but the paint is Ferrari gloss black, no metallic or anything. Clean and simple.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That is friggin sweet! Great job on all fronts! Decals are nice too. Renews my interest in finding a 900SS!

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Very nice work, and the Black is a real killer look on that SS. Looks very deep and clean, congrats!

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
I really love how it turned out.
one of the nicest Supersports i have seen so far, absolute fantastic,
great choice of parts, great colour combo, great decals, everything
is great, i am in love.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

·
Registered
662 Posts
You had me at the red vent tube....nice attention to detail.
Airtech solo seat?

Tim

·
Registered
432 Posts
Definitely the nicest pre-99 that i've ever seen. Execution of this build is immaculate. Nice work! :cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
OMFG! That is one beautiful bike. I love the clean look. I amy be out of date on your build but 992? Please explain again if you can. Nice work. You have every right to be proud. Thanks for sharing.

Mine is drop dead gorgeous also though. I am sure you understand.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks goodness your wheels are not red or I would have cried "copy cat!":p
Looks great!!!!!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
421 Posts
Floundering...I don't think so!

Thats a stunner!

Did it start life as an F.E. or are they after market side fairings?

Or did some of the earlier 900SS fairings also have the rear cylinder vents?

I see in an earlier post that you like your ne mirrorrs more than bar end mirrors?

Can you tell me what mirrors your using?
Do they bolt on through the original mirror holes?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Simple, rich, deep black. Excellent work. Some hq pics would make terrific screen backgrounds. And that red vent tube is perfect. :)

So what's 992? And is that a lockable hatch on the tail piece? Haven't seen that before.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Aside from the '93 Superlight that I am currently lusting over, that has got to be one of the most beautifully done ss models that I have ever seen. Incredible job!!!!! The only thing that I would have done differently was to use titanium cans to offset some of the black in the back........Amazing bike!!!!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
That is very, very sharp! Nice job.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I can't stop looking at it. I feel like Tony Stewart on the Armor All commercials :D

I called it a 992 because I transplanted a 1000ds engine into it.

The rear solo tail is an Airtech unit that I cut a lid into. I used the lock and hardware off a Yamaha Venture. It actually gets used quite a bit. One of my favorite features.

The fairings are off a 97 and are factory. They were on the bike when I bought it.

The mirrors are Ducati performance mirrors bought from moto science. The mounts were slightly modified.

Wheels are off a 999 and yes, they are Marchesinis.

Here's the build thread:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=55069&highlight=1000ds+winter

Hope to see you out there.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts