Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has been awhile since I have been around the forum. last few years have suffered with back issues and couldn’t ride any of the bikes in my collection . Eventually bit the bullet and had surgery. Made a full recovery and I am now able to ride again... Getting old sucks guys and gals.. lol

Although I can ride again, I just can’t handle the body positioning of my sport bikes anymore. So unfortunately I had to thin the heard and let go my 999r, 998r (so painful) and Paul Smart... I tried the house art thing but these bikes need to be seen, ridden and loved by fellow enthusiasts so they have been moved on to other loving owners...

Now that Ducati makes the Streetfighter again. I decided to get back on the horse, albeit a more comfortable horse.... Took delivery of my StreetFighter S 3 days ago and have been breaking her in. Happy to report that she is pretty comfortable and so far does not cause the ole’ back any grief so super stoked about that.

Anyways, thought I would say hello again and report back in with the new steed.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Congrats on the new bike but if it were me that 998R would have become house art I
sold a bike I said I would keep forever but a 998R I could just keep as art.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new bike but if it were me that 998R would have become house art I
sold a bike I said I would keep forever but a 998R I could just keep as art.
Yeah I know what you mean. I said I would never sell it either and did use it as house art for awhile but I guess priorities change. The new owner loves her and will appreciate her so I am happy with that...

·
Bon Vivant
11,589 Posts
Well it has been awhile since I have been around the forum. last few years have suffered with back issues and couldn’t ride any of the bikes in my collection . Eventually bit the bullet and had surgery. Made a full recovery and I am now able to ride again... Getting old sucks guys and gals.. lol

Although I can ride again, I just can’t handle the body positioning of my sport bikes anymore. So unfortunately I had to thin the heard and let go my 999r, 998r (so painful) and Paul Smart... I tried the house art thing but these bikes need to be seen, ridden and loved by fellow enthusiasts so they have been moved on to other loving owners...

Now that Ducati makes the Streetfighter again. I decided to get back on the horse, albeit a more comfortable horse.... Took delivery of my StreetFighter S 3 days ago and have been breaking her in. Happy to report that she is pretty comfortable and so far does not cause the ole’ back any grief so super stoked about that.

Anyways, thought I would say hello again and report back in with the new steed.
Congrats on the new V4 SF - looks like you are the first 2nd gen SF owner to post here on the forum and you may be in very rare company for quite a while if this pandemic doesnt ease up soon. We are all eagerly awaiting a full detailed review :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on the new V4 SF - looks like you are the first 2nd gen SF owner to post here on the forum and you may be in very rare company for quite a while if this pandemic doesnt ease up soon. We are all eagerly awaiting a full detailed review :D
Thanks,
I am hoping to not be one of the few posting so far but I believe you may be correct. Crazy times these days....
unfortunately I am away from the bike for a couple weeks. Will definitely post a review once I break her in and can really ride the bike.
cheers,

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congratulations. Looking forward to getting a V4SFS of my own in the hopefully near future.

If you don't mind? Where are you located? Just trying to get some idea about delivery with what's happening. I follow someone on reddit from Germany who got his SF a week or two ago.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations. Looking forward to getting a V4SFS of my own in the hopefully near future.

If you don't mind? Where are you located? Just trying to get some idea about delivery with what's happening. I follow someone on reddit from Germany who got his SF a week or two ago.
Thanks , yeah I am super happy so far.
i don’t mind at all. I took delivery of my bike in Houston, Tx. This last Tuesday. They received (I think) 2 Streetfighters the week before. I believe I was the second SF that they delivered so far...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Congratulations!! I saw when they got yours in!!

I'm still waiting on mine, i'm losing faith in my dealership at this point. I'm #1 in New Mexico, got a call awhile back the bike was at port on 3/25, and he's gotten 6 units since then, my Sf not being one.

They say there's no way to track the units, but it's "here" in the USA, somewhere.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations!! I saw when they got yours in!!

I'm still waiting on mine, i'm losing faith in my dealership at this point. I'm #1 in New Mexico, got a call awhile back the bike was at port on 3/25, and he's gotten 6 units since then, my Sf not being one.

They say there's no way to track the units, but it's "here" in the USA, somewhere.
Hmmmmm, one would think with the bike confirmed at the port on 3/25, it should have arrived at your dealer by now... is the lack of tracking due to CV19 or is this how their system works all the time. No one knows where anything is once it hits the port?? I find that hard to believe in this day and age...
Hopefully u get it sooner than later...

Reactions: fastrob691

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hmmmmm, one would think with the bike confirmed at the port on 3/25, it should have arrived at your dealer by now... is the lack of tracking due to CV19 or is this how their system works all the time. No one knows where anything is once it hits the port?? I find that hard to believe in this day and age...
Hopefully u get it sooner than later...
He says they go UPS to NM, so they get what they get, with no way to track, he's gotten 6 other units in since he told me mine was in country.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
I saw the owner of the first V2 in New York this past weekend (went to pick up my new toy...different post). He took the winglets off, and I must admit it did not look good. It just looked so naked in that space. I'm sure some entrepreneur will come up with some carbon fiber or something to put in its place.

That being said, it sits much taller than the V1. I'm 5-8 with a 30" inseam, and I had to tiptoe the V2. However, the ergonomics felt and looked very comfortable. Congrats on the pickup! Looking forward to more feedback!

Attachments

Reactions: Rovman

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks QueueSFS, like your new ride as well...
you make a good point about the V2 seat height. It is a bit higher than my buddies V4 Panigale which I could flat foot. I am 6’ 0” with a 32/33 inch inseam and can’t quite flat foot the Streetfighter. i figured the seat height would be the same as the Panigale but it is a bit higher. 33+ inches if I remember correctly.

Reactions: QTip

·
Bon Vivant
11,589 Posts
I saw the owner of the first V2 in New York this past weekend (went to pick up my new toy...different post). He took the winglets off, and I must admit it did not look good. It just looked so naked in that space. I'm sure some entrepreneur will come up with some carbon fiber or something to put in its place.

That being said, it sits much taller than the V1. I'm 5-8 with a 30" inseam, and I had to tiptoe the V2. However, the ergonomics felt and looked very comfortable. Congrats on the pickup! Looking forward to more feedback!
Why are you guys calling it a V2? its either a Gen 2 or a V4 isnt it?

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Why are you guys calling it a V2? its either a Gen 2 or a V4 isnt it?
I was wondering the exact same thing? I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was wondering or maybe even a bit confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Reactions: fastrob691
1 - 18 of 18 Posts