Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally found Tank bag that attaches to your fuel cap & keeps the bag off the tank.

I've been looking a while and Finally found a Tank bag that attaches to my fuel cap and keeps the bag off the tank, so no scratches.

The problem for many ducatis is our fuel caps do NOT have bolt holes in the cap surround so these fuel cap fittings normally dont work.

However, SW-Motech, Bags Connection has a Streetfighter 848 version that comes with a replacement cap surround. Nice fittings too.

It will also fit
Ducati Diavel.
2012 Ducati Panigale

Maybe more???

Go here by products - Luggage Systems - Tankrings - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION and choose the Quicklock tank lock system. Then go choose the Quicklock tank bag you want.

The fuel cap surround adapter can be for the new Quicklock EVO tank rings, and also for the older normal Quicklock tank rings.

Use the older version if you have the older bags, and the newer one if you dont already have one of the old Bags connection Quicklock bags

Remember... its the Ducati Streetfighter kit... (And you cont see a pic of the fuel cap surround adapter until you look in the Construction Manual PDF HERE http://shop.sw-motech.com/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/trt_00_640_30000_b.pdf this PDF gives lots of detail

TRT.00.640.30000/B revision 1 is the kit for the EVO Quicklock and has the replacement ring for the top of our fuel cap surround. Their BLACK Quicklock Evo attachment ring bolts to that.
QUICK-LOCK EVO Tankring Adapter Kit.. No screws. Moto Morini. - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

TRT.00.640.30000/S is the kit for the older Quicklock and has the replacement ring for the top of our fuel cap surround.
QUICK-LOCK Tankring- Adapter.. No screws. Moto Morini. - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

TRT.00.640.030 is the tankring adapter
TRT.00.640.006 EVO tankring

Then choose your bag from the Quicklock EVO range...
by products - Luggage Systems - Tankbags - QUICK-LOCK EVO Tankbags - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

or buy the evo adapter for the base of your bag.

NOTE... dont use the bag range for the Streetfighter... use the bag range for Äll"

This is some examples of bags but they have about 20 Quicklock bags that range in size from 2.5-20 Ltr

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
good find, but please remove Monster 696/796/1100 from your list. That is not the adapter for them to use. It might work for an 1100 Evo, but the other monsters require this kit instead: RT.00.640.20300.B

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good find, Scott2Ride. These are cool.

I got distracted by the electric versions. Can you tell if there's an electrified ring that would fit the Diavel? Just poking around the site, it appears that there's not.

Zolo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Todd. I have removed the Monsters. However this Streetfighter kit DOES fit the Monsters. They have the same fuel cap. Yes there is a separate kit for the monster but it is more expensive.

I'm reality motech got too tricky for their own good & designed a fitting for the monster & for the streetfighter, yet streetfighter fits both & is cheaper.

Hey Zolo. The electric version will fit. But why would you want one? All you need to do to remove the bag is pull on a tab that sits on the forward facing part of each bag

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Zolo. The electric version will fit. But why would you want one? All you need to do to remove the bag is pull on a tab that sits on the forward facing part of each bag
The electric version supplies power to the bag so you can have phone charger, GPS etc in there that connects and disconnects to power with the tank ring and not a seperate connector

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a warning.

I mentioned the ring fits the cap on the 2010+ Ducati Diavel. Thats correct, however...

Before you buy, make sure the bags can also fit, because in the case of the Diavel it has the LCD display on the tank right in front of the gas cap. So the bags are hard, if not impossible, to fit. I think they would require a spacer to be fitted under the ring to lift it above the LCD.

One member got caught out so just a heads up. Sorry for not noticing sooner!
:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts