Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found Tank bag that attaches to your fuel cap & keeps the bag off the tank.

I've been looking a while and Finally found a Tank bag that attaches to the fuel cap and keeps the bag off the tank, so no scratches.

The problem for many ducatis is our fuel caps do NOT have bolt holes in the cap surround so these fuel cap fittings normally dont work.

However, SW-Motech, Bags Connection has a Streetfighter 848 version that comes with a replacement cap surround. Nice fittings too.

It will also fit

2009-12 Ducati Monster 1100 S
2009-12 Monster 796 and
2009-12 Monster 696
2010+ Ducati Diavel.
2012 Ducati Panigale
Maybe more???

Go here by products - Luggage Systems - Tankrings - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION and choose the Quicklock tank lock system. Then go choose the Quicklock tank bag you want.

The fuel cap surround adapter can be for the new Quicklock EVO tank rings, and also for the older normal Quicklock tank rings.

Use the older version if you have the older bags, and the newer one if you dont already have one of the old Bags connection Quicklock bags

Remember... its the Ducati Streetfighter kit... (And you cont see a pic of the fuel cap surround adapter until you look in the Construction Manual PDF HERE http://shop.sw-motech.com/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/trt_00_640_30000_b.pdf this PDF gives lots of detail

TRT.00.640.30000/B revision 1 is the kit for the EVO Quicklock and has the replacement ring for the top of our fuel cap surround. Their BLACK Quicklock Evo attachment ring bolts to that.
QUICK-LOCK EVO Tankring Adapter Kit.. No screws. Moto Morini. - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

TRT.00.640.30000/S is the kit for the older Quicklock and has the replacement ring for the top of our fuel cap surround.
QUICK-LOCK Tankring- Adapter.. No screws. Moto Morini. - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

TRT.00.640.030 is the tankring adapter
TRT.00.640.006 EVO tankring

Then choose your bag from the Quicklock EVO range...
by products - Luggage Systems - Tankbags - QUICK-LOCK EVO Tankbags - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

or buy the evo adapter for the base of your bag.

NOTE... dont use the bag range for the Streetfighter... use the bag range for Äll"

This is some examples of bags but they have about 20 Quicklock bags that range in size from 2.5-20 Ltr

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bummer sold my bag a while ago, I loved that thing! This must be a pretty recent addition as I looked about a year or so ago before selling the bag from my S2R.

Have to add it to my wish list ;-)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tank Bag

That's great, another quality product from the aftermarket. I will certainly be adding that to the Monster. The bike is packaged so tight there is nowhere to even keep gloves, sunglasses, or a hat to hide "helmet hair".

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I use the SW motech on my S4rs, and the BMW K1200Gt.. I just bought a second tank ring (the BMW uses a 6 screw) the Duc a 5.
The nice thing is it stays off my tank, has decent room, and has never scratched my tank - or slide off..

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just ordered this for my streetfighter. I originally called twisted-throttle and had to convince them that SW-Motech DID in fact make a fitment for the SF. I guided them to the SW-Motech site that shows a sf-848 with the SAME bag I ordered on it. They sent the Ducati specific mounting ring (the wrong one), but unfortunately my SF is like the monster in that it doesn't have the screws around the gas cap and the one they sent would need to be attached that way. When I called back they said it wouldn't work because the part numbers for the 848 gas cap assembly was different than mine (1098). So my homework was to go to the dealer to confirm they were the same. Which it turns out they are.
Anyway, I had also seen on the twisted throttle site that they have a picture of a monster with the engage tankbag on it, so I kept the bag and exchanged the mounting rings for the monster specific rings and kept it for my wife's Monster. So now that's on back-order too. Whatever, I'll get both eventually. Well worth it if you ask me. I can't stand dealing with the straps anymore.

Sent from my

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep GP1152.... most dealers dont take the time to use their brains and think.

hope it all arrives fast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts