Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did it take so long you ask? Well: 2 weeks to get a bearing seal through Ducati... and then once they got it another 2 weeks for them to schedule to lift time to get it installed. All the while a month to get my side panels repainted and nearly 3 months to get the number plates painted on. Needless to say, this bike has been very very frustrating to me!

At least now I can ride her, FINALLY! So I thought I might share some pictures I took earlier today.

Normally I blurr out my license plate but my plate is very fitting to my bike:

I will say that this being the second year in a row I've torn her down for the winter and it is the last. I've lost too much of the riding season waiting on people so I'm not longer going to take her apart, just clean her and teach myself the maintenance, like from other local Ducati people who have offered to teach me.

Anyways, she's all put back together.... FINALLY! :eek:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know the feeling I finally got my 916 running after missing the end of last years riding season and the beginning of this one. Looks great love the white wheels and frame.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
22 Posts
It seems everyday i fall more and more in love with this style of ducatis super bike. nice man!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice. :)

I know what you mean about falling in with other persons time frames. Just gotta take a deep breath and be patient.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Very well done. Were you offroading with that thing? The only thing dirty on that thing is the tires :p

Just kidding, beautiful bike. I love the white wheels.

I always wondered why Duc shops seemed to be so much slower than others, maybe they know we are addicts and will pay and wait as long as it takes :(

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
For a second I thought your numberplate read BI SEX
"Not that there's anything wrong with that..." The Best Of Kramer - The Outing - YouTube

And Brian, as I've told you before, that thing looks totally badass. There is simply so much to love about what you have done here... the ceramic coating on the pipes, the white frame and wheels, the old school Ducati lettering on the faring and tank. Well done sir... very well done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliments everybody! I did what I could to try and do a twist on the original... but it's hard to improve on the original. For right now I'm just going to enjoy riding her.... and cleaning the white wheels.

Yes the only thing dirty on the bike is really the rear tire.... :p only because I got them from a friend for free (helped my budget). But not sure how long I'll be using it since it is a 190/55 on a 5.5" rim... makes for a tall back end! I do have a set of black 5 spokes with better tires (more tread) I'll put on shorty.

As for the rear sets, they're actually just the OEM ones that I had powder coated black.

In a few weeks time(paint cured) I'll be throwing some clear bra over the nose and sides to keep any pesky little rocks off the body! :D

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Very nice looking duck. Tip: use Pledge furniture spray on a rag and wipe down those wheels. It will keep anything from sticking to them. Makes cleaning them real easy. I heard this from Speed when I bought my Carrozerria's from him. It works very well, lemony fresh too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts