Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've been a member for years and of other Ducati forums but haven't posted up yet so here it is :)

About 8 years ago I started building a custom 1098S from the ground up and it's now about 90% complete. I haven't touched it in about 4 years and I'm finally giving her some love again and want to finish my build within the next year which shouldn't be an issue given that I'm so close.

Lots of carbon, all nuts/bolts/axle's replaced with titanium, nothing stock except frame and motor, it's been a journey! I'll see you all around the forum!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Welcome

Good to have you onboard firstacent, you'll find a lot of help from the community here.
Throw up some pictures for your project, would love to see your vision, and be ready to ride come spring!

·
Administrator
12,913 Posts
What???? Is there really other Ducati forums? :laugh:

Reactions: firstascent

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What???? Is there really other Ducati forums? :laugh:
haha minimal, which is why I found myself back here haha

And thanks everyone, I originally started a complete write up way back when I began the build but it's on an old server, I'll try to copy it to my new server and post up the link. In the meantime, here's a sneak peak of pretty much how she sits now. Before I stopped giving her attention I did get her running but she needs a dyno tune REALLY bad. I spent 4-5 years in Alaska and there was nobody I trusted to properly tune, but now I'm back in Portland with good options for dyno tuning

Attachments

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
That's a great baseline

I'm digging the black theme on the calipers, the sprocket and carrier; those Braketech rotors are sweet, nice work, keep it going,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm digging the black theme on the calipers, the sprocket and carrier; those Braketech rotors are sweet, nice work, keep it going,
Thanks man! I appreciate that! The Braketech rotors ARE sweet (iron axis), unfortunately the black coating is only when new, the coating rubs off on first use from the brake pads. It'd be epic if it stayed black always!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey All!

For those interested, I created a thread I'll put some new updates in here:
forum thread

and the full write up that has all the info from when I started with fun pics along the way is here:
Project 1098X - Full Write-up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts