Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been riding for 23+ years and have dreamed of owning a Ducati for at least 10 of those. (I was very uninformed when I was younger...) Well, I finally jumped in. Not with a big loan/payment, mind you. Had to get one outright. Found a '00 748 that wasn't in bad shape (scratches on plastics, but otherwise a good runner). I wasn't after a museum piece, just a fun toy to have fun with. I'm sure I'll get the local dealer to help out when the going gets tough, but I have the time/ability to do most of the work myself (I'm kind of a masochist that way) provided I have some references. So when the questions come, I'm sure I'll think I'm in deep doo-doo, only to find out the collective here has the answer (well, I can dream, can't I?)

I commute to work on a '91 FJ1200 and it is a wonderful bike that I will never sell (comfortable and if I need to look down to see if I'm in the power band, I look to see if the key is turned to "on" :) ). But it is quite heavy and only considered a sport bike if you have a time machine.

Just joined the group and most definitely at the low end of the learning curve on these Italian mechanical wonders. But I have to admit, it was tough not getting a sleeping bag and sleeping in the garage with the 748. I considered bringing it inside, but I'd have to get it up the stairs to be near the bed, and my wife has been wonderfully tolerant of my MC habit and I wasn't going to push my luck...

Anyway, long-winded hello, but hell, that's just the way I am... :)

Greg

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Greg, welcome and enjoy your new ride. If you search in the Hall of Wisdom you will find alot of good info on things to check and how to do it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
welcome. i am almost there too and i will be happy as hell once i get mine. lookin around right now for one..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I commute to work on a '91 FJ1200 and it is a wonderful bike that I will never sell (comfortable and if I need to look down to see if I'm in the power band, I look to see if the key is turned to "on" :) ). But it is quite heavy and only considered a sport bike if you have a time machine.
Congrats on the new Ducati! That time machine comment had me lol.

·
Premium Member
12,238 Posts
Bravo, Enjoy the experience, lots and lots of info here.You are obviously of higher intelligence.Be careful not to do something you can't undo mechanically, Take your time and don't hesitate to ask any questions, I find this site to be very classy. Use it to your advantage, Lots of Friendlys here who love to help..Again Enjoy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts