Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Curious to see what everyone is running for final drive and what affect any mods have had on the ratio. In other words, if you've managed to make power gains via new exhaust/intake etc - you would (maybe) want to be running a higher ratio. Right?

I'll start:

08 HYM S with the Termi 2-1 system plus ECU, Beast R intake

Currently at 14/42 and 1st gear feels rather short - almost unusable, actually. Thinking about going back up to a 15. Thoughts?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Hey All,

Curious to see what everyone is running for final drive and what affect any mods have had on the ratio. In other words, if you've managed to make power gains via new exhaust/intake etc - you would (maybe) want to be running a higher ratio. Right?

I'll start:

08 HYM S with the Termi 2-1 system plus ECU, Beast R intake

Currently at 14/42 and 1st gear feels rather short - almost unusable, actually. Thinking about going back up to a 15. Thoughts?

Cheers
Go back to the stock 15/42 its better for all around riding, but I am thinking about trying a 15/43 combo, only because of track-days.
I'm running a almost fully modified 1123cc engine with 102HP right now. :D Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Go back to the stock 15/42 its better for all around riding, but I am thinking about trying a 15/43 combo, only because of track-days.
I'm running a almost fully modified 1123cc engine with 102HP right now. :D Aloha Alex
15/43 for me too....................someday soon, just spending too much on my dune rig and now I need to tires for the Hyper.

Out!

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
la-dee-frikin'-da :rolleyes:
Why are you PMSing so hard lately? :eek:

I ran 15/43 on my Hyper for a short while. It was deadly in the canyons but I think it gave up a bit too much on the highway.

Given the chance to do it again I'd set myself up with a quick change rear carrier and a few rear chainrings for different circumstances.

·
Registered
670 Posts

I ran 15/43 on my Hyper for a short while. It was deadly in the canyons but I think it gave up a bit too much on the highway.

Given the chance to do it again I'd set myself up with a quick change rear carrier and a few rear chainrings for different circumstances.
Maybe you can come up with something like in cycling!

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
14/42 with the Termi 2:! pipe, DP ecu and airbox cover. The bike feels much livelier than it did with 15/42. Now, I no longer have to dip into first gear unless I am leaving from a stop sign or light. And, I am pretty close to being perfectly geared for the main straight at New Jersey Motorsports Park's Thunderbolt course.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Since the thread's becoming a poll I'll throw in too at 15/45 (which is the
same effective ratio as a 14/42). I would never go back to higher gearing
unless I was visiting a track which had long straights. Lower final drive =
greater torque multiplication which means more front wheel lifting FUN.

To me, almost all street bikes are delivered with too high gearing... partly
for the manufacturer to satisfy drive-by noise regs. When given the choice
of 7% better acceleration or 7% greater top speed, I'll take the acceleration.
Riding an un-faired streetbike at 130 isn't my bag...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

WTF, I thought you did 15/44 and thought it was too much? You dared me to do 15/43, cause you knew it was the shit.

Out!

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
WTF, I thought you did 15/44 and thought it was too much? You dared me to do 15/43, cause you knew it was the shit.

Out!
I'm sorry, Axe. No harm meant; I kept records but apparently they were f'ed up. I fully blame John C for my mistake.

Search my name and posts and the previous thread will pop up with the actual gearing info I posted at the time...not from memory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts