Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the final version of my carbon intake duct (after 5 iterations!). I got it to look "down" a little bit. If I did it again with a stock intake I would cut the hole in a shape to more fit the downward look - but I no longer have a stock intake. I also cut a small carbon piece to cover the turn signal holes now that I have the Oberons installed. My Motowheels undertail exhaust was shipped yesterday and once that's on - I finished. I can't wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Intakes are cool...love the satin finish...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
great job...can you put some more photos pls?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made the mold out of the bottom of a windshield washer container and then skinned the whole thing. There is a LOT of screwing around but if I knew then what I know now, I could have done the whole thing for about $150.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am thinking of cutting the stock cover sides, pass the 1098 ram air tubes from inside or , glue or attach them somehow (???) and then skin the whole thing in carbon . What do you think?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Final Carbon duct, etc

The 1098 ducts - isn't that what ShiftTech did? see http://www.shift-tech-carbon.com/onlineshop/index.php?cat=c12_STREETFIGHTER.html

If you dremel the hole to a different form - something to better match the bike's angular look (it was too late for me as I made the cut before I knew what I would ultimately want), and then create a mold for the scoop, the final look might be better. If I had some other ducts that's what I would do.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
The 1098 ducts - isn't that what ShiftTech did? see http://www.shift-tech-carbon.com/onlineshop/index.php?cat=c12_STREETFIGHTER.html

If you dremel the hole to a different form - something to better match the bike's angular look (it was too late for me as I made the cut before I knew what I would ultimately want), and then create a mold for the scoop, the final look might be better. If I had some other ducts that's what I would do.
yeah Guido installed the 1098 air box and runners

·
Registered
187 Posts

I see what you mean in your photo , but anyway yours look really good, although different.

I thought he did use the 1098 ram airs, but i asked and he told me he has the EVR box and ducts now. I remember he wrote he modified the 1098 ones in the beginning.
Anyway this is a project i will have to think a lot before doing. I have a friend who will help me with the carbon.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oberons and Rear LED

Yet another poor quality photo (I don't know if it's the camera or me) of Oberons on the front and VERY bright LEDs on the vents in rear - very clean and very visible

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'l interrested in the Oberon Bar End Turn Signal.... Can you please give me some more information about the wiring ? where and how did you got the wires out from the bar ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the Oberon signals from MotoWheels.com. I drilled 1/4" holes between the switch pods and brake clamps on the underside of the bars (one on each side). Get a good drill bit and drill a smaller pilot hole first so you can drill at a slight angle. Use a small grindstone to smooth the edges and seal the wires with silicone - the aluminum seems to be some sort of "hard" grade and does not drill easily.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I see what you mean in your photo , but anyway yours look really good, although different.

I thought he did use the 1098 ram airs, but i asked and he told me he has the EVR box and ducts now. I remember he wrote he modified the 1098 ones in the beginning.
Anyway this is a project i will have to think a lot before doing. I have a friend who will help me with the carbon.

I still have the 1098 EVR carbon airbox on the bike with the 1098 carbon runners. Airbox needed to be modified slightly to fit the SF and the airducts needed some shortening so I can make turns from time to time.

·
Registered
603 Posts
oberon

I'l interrested in the Oberon Bar End Turn Signal.... Can you please give me some more information about the wiring ? where and how did you got the wires out from the bar ?

Thanks in advance !
I also got these from Motowheels. Here are a look at silver ones with mirrors on the RSV4 and black on the DB7 Bimota. This is nice stuff and when used with the rear one' s they blink at the normal speed. Can be used with or without mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also got these from Motowheels. Here are a look at silver ones with mirrors on the RSV4 and black on the DB7 Bimota. This is nice stuff and when used with the rear one' s they blink at the normal speed. Can be used with or without mirrors.
Thanks for the pictures .... and what about the wiring ? The streetfighter has a one piece Bar .....where and how do I get the wires out from the bar ?

·
Registered
603 Posts
The DB7 bar is solid as well. I drilled it in a lathe as far as I could(about 5". That will clear the twist grip, then come 90 degrees to that hole and drill the "exit" hole for the wire. However You will have to mill a slot for the wire because it needs to go under the switch gear with out getting pinched.Not easy but nice & clean when your done.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The DB7 bar is solid as well. I drilled it in a lathe as far as I could(about 5". That will clear the twist grip, then come 90 degrees to that hole and drill the "exit" hole for the wire. However You will have to mill a slot for the wire because it needs to go under the switch gear with out getting pinched.Not easy but nice & clean when your done.

Now thats tricky..superb

1 - 20 of 24 Posts