Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep,,not being the brightest spark in the bucket I've figured out the low revs problem whilst going slow......:eek:

In town at 30 I just keep it in 2nd so the revs are higher...bingo!!
No Power Commando:rolleyes:
No Nothing,just more revs.........:eek:

·
Registered
649 Posts
One thing I've noticed on my Hyper is even after extensive dyno tuning and custom maps - hours of dyno time with a PC3, these Duc twins really dont like life below 4,000 RPMS. Hopefully it can be tuned out but to a lesser extent might just be inherent in design. A small compromise for a bike like the SF IMO- keep er above 4 grand and life is good

Cheers

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
One thing I've noticed on my Hyper is even after extensive dyno tuning and custom maps - hours of dyno time with a PC3, these Duc twins really dont like life below 4,000 RPMS. Hopefully it can be tuned out but to a lesser extent might just be inherent in design. A small compromise for a bike like the SF IMO- keep er above 4 grand and life is good

Cheers
All my four valve ducs have had this issue some less than others, nothing new or out of the ordinary it would appear some are worse than others. My aprilia had such a massive flat spot under 4k that I barely rode it for over a year til I piped and chipped it.

Chris

·
Registered
649 Posts
All my four valve ducs have had this issue some less than others, nothing new or out of the ordinary it would appear some are worse than others. My aprilia had such a massive flat spot under 4k that I barely rode it for over a year til I piped and chipped it.

Chris
+1 The PC3 and dyno tuning help but the motor (cant speak for SF yet) doesnt like it under 4K RPMS...I was able to tune most of it out but at the end of the day I accept it. Bottom line, when getting past 4K on these motors it's aboslute euphoria of smooth response and linear build

1 - 4 of 4 Posts