Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my first trackday with the SF about 3 weeks ago at Gelleråsen Raceway and had a blast! Unfortunally the day did not end as planned, in the last session of the day I locked up the front braking from T1 and went down.

Before I had even stopped rolling the thoughts "oh no, I have wrecked the bike" was in my mind. I was lucky to get away unhurt and just a bit sore but the bike went of the track, caught the grass and rolled a couple of times.

The end result was not pretty and the repair bill ended up at 155.000sek (~21.200usd) so the insurance company wrote it of (the price brand new was 150.000sek). I sure will miss that bike! :(

Not sure if I will get another SF or something else now. Thoughts of an BMW K1300R has crossed my mind (abs and stuff are not bad... but it does not have the looks of an SF). The SF still hold a special place in my heart. I might get a new one in the end.

Here are a few photos of the aftermath

The inspection sticker for the trackday, KTM was there and the responsible did not have any stickers so all bikes had KTM stickers on the. The one I got was rather suiting after the crash - "KTM burnout syndrome"

This is how I will remember the bike though, so much fun!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
So sad. I think you need a new 848S

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. At least you're all right. Those twin megaphone Double Dog pipes are unique. Just joking of course. The crash really did a number on those Termis.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
always bad to hear about a crash...always good to read the story from the rider!
dont give up...only that matters is that YOU are ok!!

-christos

·
Registered
223 Posts
If the bike still runs great - consider buying back from the insurance company and then hit the folks up on the forum to see if some of the parts that you need can be found - then hit up the sponsors to get the rest - you may be surprised. If you do the work yourself you may come out with some money left over.

Glad that you made it through all right.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sucks about the bike, but glad your ok. Bike can be easily replaced, you, not so much. Like someone else said, consider buying it back from the insurance company. I did that when an 18-wheeler took me and my Superlight out a couple years ago. I never rebuilt the bike, but I did sell off lots of the parts. Others I just used on my Supersport.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all kind replies guys!

Damn that sux... how did the insurance company cover a track day damage?
My insurace company covers trackdays as long as it is not timed or competition. This was an instructors lead day and no competition so it was covered. I checked with the insurace compay the day before the event to be sure.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Unlucky mate thats a proper pisser

On the plus side i see you have a set of Freezerburns cans....cool.

·
Bon Vivant
10,961 Posts
I bet Shift Tech's wheels are spinning right now. We should see that design sometime this fall.
I hear Guido has taken quite a change now that he's a Drivel owner...
We'll probably see that exhaust along with a high sissybar and a set of apehangers :eek:

I digress... Sorry about your crash Ace :( glad you're OK :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts