Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have any experience with these? specifically the cheetah stuff? how is the fitment? are they prone to cracking? thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
alot of posts about fitting diffrent kinds of stuff on the board. Cheetah seems pretty good, but not as good as sharkskins (it seems...)

I have Vimori and Sebimoto stuff on mine and both are excellent. Be sure to fit them before shipping them of for paint.. And no brand except stock plastic fairings are going to fit perfectly straight off. You are going to need to sand and cut some, so be ready for it.

Do a search, your probably going find alot of info.

//amullo.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sharkskins and Armor Bodies are among the best in fiberglass
Cheetah, I have heard can be pretty good.
Hotbodies(on my f4i) is decent for the price, needing some mod. prepping
Then theres the stuff on my 748:cry the stuff cracks just from handeling it:cryingharder

J-:stillcrying

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I have Cheetah side-fairings with the bellypan and Sharkskinz nose and tail sections on my 748. The Sharkskinz appear to be a better quality, a bit heavier, and better prepped for final paint, but the Cheetahs held up quite well to a low-side on the track. It was easy enough to repair them by just using the bondo with fiberglas hairs in it. They have been on the bike for over a year and a half, but not much more than 2000 miles on them (the bike was off the road for a full year), but they still show no signs of cracking. I hope this helps.

·
Administrator
6,135 Posts
Sharkskinz!

I have three sharkskinz.
No make that four, with a Kaemna solo tail.

Love the stuff!
Easy to work with, fit is good, and it is easy to paint!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have Vimori on my track bike. Their prices are not bad even fully colored. Like $115 for a fairing or something. Seems like pretty good quality but I have spiderweb cracks in some areas. You can order full replica bodiwork from them as well.

www.vimoriracing.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts