Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chilehead
6,986 Posts
Craked intake manifold.

Get a new one, or fix with rtv and fiberglass tape (the new manifolds took too long to arrive, so I have them as spares).

Tom

·
Chilehead
6,986 Posts
Silicone sealer.

I use the Hi-temp range stuff (-75F to 600F), just to be sure. My manifold rubbers had multiple cracks, probably due to age and the fact that I had been removing and re-installing them a few times.

The gasket is an O-ring, nothing special.

Tom

·
Chilehead
6,986 Posts
Yep, no way you can set it up right, which is how I identified that I had a leak in mine. You can sort of get it close, but I definitely had the hanging throttle bit, and running it without the airbox I could see some flames backfire out the sides of the manifolds, so that really made it clear that there were cracks.

Tom

·
Chilehead
6,986 Posts
YellowDuck said:
I think the mechanic said he had found a vaccuum leak in one of the rubber TB boots, but had fixed it.
Just noticed that line while rereading your original post.

Sounds like you still have a leak, as you have exactly the same symptoms I had. I had to repair both last June, been fine since. As I said, I repaired mine with fiberglass-mesh tape (for support) covered with hi-temp range RTV (and then black electrical tape to make it look nice). The new manifolds arrived a couple weeks later, so I'm keeping them in reserve.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts