Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a set of the adjustable 43mm showas laying around and when I got a carby 900ss/cr in boxes (with the Marzochis), I figured I'd use the better set. I knew i basically had to use the whole front end from the FI version, but that it should be pretty straitforward. The only problem I am left with, is that I cannot seem to match up the speedo cable. The speedo drive for the 25mm axle has a larger threaded end on it for the speedo cable. And the back of the speedo on the carbie version has the smaller threaded connector. If iI had both complete bikes from a FI and carbie in front of me to refer to, maybe i could determine a solution, but I don't. So question is, would a speedo out of a FI dash be a direct swap (size, wiring, bolt locations etc) which would obviously work with the speedo cable. Or is there enough meat in the speedo drive of the ?17mm axle version to drill out the sleeve? Or should I try to order custom cables? I saw something on a different forum about jc whitney custom parts to assemble your own speedo cables?

Anyone done this?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and gearing?

what i have found when trying to answer my previous post, is that for the SBK swap, the gearing will be off between the SBK speedo drive and the speedometer. Will that also be true for the SS/FI drive to the carbie speedometer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts