Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been doing my research on alternative exhaust for the Sport 1000 and really like a setup that FF by Fresco makes in Italy. I have been in touch with a few of you through private messages and have gotten a lot of questions answered (thanks!).
Basically, I can't seem to find a dealer for the Fresco pipes in the USA. Motowheels does some business with them, but said they can't do special orders right now. I have been in touch with Fresco directly, but the language barrier has been a bit difficult. Fresco said that it is really expensive to ship the exhaust to a private residence from Italy to the USA, because of customs fees and such.
So, does anyone know where I can get these pipes (CONICI INOX NERI) in the USA???

Thanks,
Blake

Attachments

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Hi All,

I have been doing my research on alternative exhaust for the Sport 1000 and really like a setup that FF by Fresco makes in Italy. I have been in touch with a few of you through private messages and have gotten a lot of questions answered (thanks!).
Basically, I can't seem to find a dealer for the Fresco pipes in the USA. Motowheels does some business with them, but said they can't do special orders right now. I have been in touch with Fresco directly, but the language barrier has been a bit difficult. Fresco said that it is really expensive to ship the exhaust to a private residence from Italy to the USA, because of customs fees and such.
So, does anyone know where I can get these pipes (CONICI INOX NERI) in the USA???

Thanks,
Blake
Please PM, I can help.
-M

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Motowheels sells, or at least is a dealer for Fresco products..

Not to rain on anybodies parade or anything, but...

The experience that i have (or my riding buddy) is not a good one with Fresco. My buddy has had one installed on his S2R 1000, and i was a bit of a disaster, the installation that is.

Two main issues: Fit and finish. The pipes did not fit the bike at all, they had to re-bend the pipes at the local pipe fitter, to get them fit in the vertical cylinder. Then the heat shields did not fit at all. So the installation instead of 2 hours or so, took like two days and the whole lot of money.

The cans on the side did not fit under the passenger foot-peg brackets, so he had some spacers made at a machine shop somewhere... And the finish is not that good either.

Now on the other hand Termignoni is not that good either. Termi welds are horrible, brackets don't fit, etc etc.. But then again Fresco pipes and cans are twice as cheap...

On the good side, Fresco pipes sound really nice... on an S2R1000... which is the same motor as SC.

One pipe that i thought was just incredible on a SC was Arrow 2-into-1. It sounded incredible and the quality was awesome. I'm not mentioning ZARD just because of it's astronomical selling price.

I have a set of Termignoni pipes on my PS1000 and, between you and me, i really think Termi cans do not worth nearly what they sell for.... but this is me and its just my opinion :D

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I have a set of Termignoni pipes on my PS1000 and, between you and me, i really think Termi cans do not worth nearly what they sell for.... but this is me and its just my opinion :D

Cheers.
Termignoni is out of discussion for me… after my high-sider i was asking for replacement cans… 645 € for one can with homologisation and 449 € for one that is not street legal!

The Frescos are similar quality with better sound and cost 480 € incl. tax for a pair…

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Termignoni is out of discussion for me… after my high-sider i was asking for replacement cans… 645 € for one can with homologisation and 449 € for one that is not street legal!

The Frescos are similar quality with better sound and cost 480 € incl. tax for a pair…
Well that's what i meant, kind of... Termi slip-ons are very nice idea.. but workmanship is horrendous in my view. So are the Frescos, really.. Termignoni 2-1 version is definitely a better quality..

I would recommend Stayintunes or Arrows any day.. (one problem though Arrow makes an exhaust for a monoposto version only)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I would recommend Stayintunes or Arrows any day.. (one problem though Arrow makes an exhaust for a monoposto version only)
The problem in Europe is that we need street legal cans unless we want a real conflict with the "authority"…

They have to be E marked!

Staintunes are nice but not homologated and Arrows only has a version for the GT…

The british Keihan exhausts are also very appealing but lack the E sign.

Seemingly the Brits are no real Europeans…;) at least they behave so…:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts