Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just released today in Miami at the Italia Independent x Scrambler Event, here a few rough cell phone shots. Yes it's a real bike that will be available form Ducati and not just a custom version of somebody's creation.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love the color combo! Never liked matte finishes, but I'll never even see one in person so what does that matter? Still looks good!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bit too 'designer' looking.
Has Ducati management lost it's way?
The hipster promotion. Fashion accessories etc. Turns me off.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
The Ladies will love it!

Seems Ducati is trying very hard to get some new fresh people into motorcycles.
Hope it works.
One doesn't hafta dress anyway one doesnot want to dress.

Being an old fart, my wardrobe has just started to include Cardigans (Lined for warmth)
I hope desperately that my new style offends the dreaded Hipsters!!!

An entry level Ducati is what they thought was good for the company bottom line.
Being profitable is very important.

With ANY bike Ducati put out there will always be someone whining about something about it.
At least they didn't put the chicken feet wheels on it !!!

I like the bike for what it is , and at that price point there will be "cheaper" parts used.

Look at H-D for the every year anniversary edition to be announced with too much fan fare , and some people buy expecting it to become a rare treasure.

I hope Ducati keeps on putting out different models and keeps on trying to be the innovators in the difficult market.

Reactions: PhilBoncer

·
Registered
405 Posts
The only special edition Scrambler I want to see from Ducati is one with fully adjustable high end suspension / an "S" model. Changing paint colors and bolting junk on does nothing for me, much like the designer Deisel version of the Monster.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'm not wild about it, but somebody will be, and that's fine by me.
They made the perfect bike for me 22 years ago, and I'm still riding it.
If this kind of thing helps them be profitable, then sure.
VW/Audi is in trouble; I'd like to see Ducati as financially healthy as possible, so it stays around, whatever else happens.

PhilB

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
The only special edition Scrambler I want to see from Ducati is one with fully adjustable high end suspension / an "S" model. Changing paint colors and bolting junk on does nothing for me, much like the designer Deisel version of the Monster.
The Deisel (sp?) Monster I thought was a great looking bike!
It seems that there a lot of self proclaimed "Designers" out there ,
The Very Good designers should be able to add some flair IF THEY KNEW anything about what they were fancying up!!!

Who you want to design your bike?
Those Flamboyant ones or the talented ones with a gift for their craft?
Jean Paul Gautier might be able to do some magic, or Ralph Lauren , or the weird old dude with the hand held fan???Well leave Him out...

Just like the flames on vehicles that some people think look good,

OR get an artist with passion to do some spectacular flames that look like the flames are real...

Everybody likes what they like .
Some people have to be told what to like ( so Harley ish) or look at a label to see if they should like it?

I would like to see a dependable simple WELL BUILT meaning it should be able to survive a drop by the inexperienced rider without having to be trailered away to be totaled.
Parts that you can hammer back into service , A dirt/endure/city bike the kids and whole family can enjoy. one that may be able to handle a short highway trip.
Now Ducati wouldn't make a fortune with the sales and cheap fixable parts so it likely won't happen...This is where the Ducati Boutiques steps in and sell the scrambler line up of accessories and gear.
No $1,200.oo helmets....

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked at the bike for the last two days from time to time and it's growing on me, I just noticed now that the headlight mask is different then on all other models, it actually wraps around the gauge slightly plus the color really pops in day light, the seat is nice as well and the flat bars give you a total different feeling while riding it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love the bike

Personally I really like the looks of this bike. It takes me back to the 60s when bikes like the Honda CL77 305 Scrambler and the Yamaha DT1 were hot. That's when I started riding and because of that it's where my motorcycle design preference comes from. Air cooled, naked, high bars...

I don't understand why people have to try to drag this bike down by placing a "hipster" designation on it or complaining about the advertising hype. We should be celebrating new designs and hopefully new riders that may join us in our two wheeled pursuit. Do you really feel so much more special or individual on your mass produced Harley, Diavel, Monster, KLR, VStrom, KTM or whatever else you might ride? Chill out friends and enjoy riding no matter what you're on. I started out on a Honda 50 cub - now that was a funky "bike"!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the delivery of my Urban Enduro. I don't care what anyone else thinks about it and I don't think you could put my 64 year old butt in the "Hipster" category. I like my clothes too loose and tend toward a ball cap as opposed to pork pie hat, but hey call me a hipster because I love the looks of this Scrambler!

Happy Riding!

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
I wish that they would build a rugged version of the Scrambler, one that would take a beating and still keep on ticking The TIMEX model...
One able to withstand a couple of teenage boys riding without parental supervision...
Yeah that is asking a lot...
An Enduro or even a Dirt version...

One that would take weeks to kill after it suffered too much abuse as a street bike , one handed down from big brother to little brother.
We had ( the neighbour hood kids) an old 150 that was ridden hard in the fields wearing a path in the weeds (our track) It took months to die and was rode without tires in the end... Now that was a fun bike...that never seen top gear in its last months...

Me thinks Ducati hires those skinny models at a a bike show to distract viewers from taking a good look at the bikes!!!

Throwing $$$ money at a bike to make it amazing looking has got to be fun but in reality just riding the bikes is where the real fun is at...No matter what brand of bike it is...

A catwalk model or a work horse both have their advantages and usages ...
Keep up the good work!

Reactions: TB-Racing

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody from S. Florida wants to see one then stop by at Two Wheels World in Pompano ( Forza Ducati), they have one sitting on the floor for a few days.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I wish that they would build a rugged version of the Scrambler, one that would take a beating and still keep on ticking The TIMEX model...
One able to withstand a couple of teenage boys riding without parental supervision...
Yeah that is asking a lot...
An Enduro or even a Dirt version...
One that would take weeks to kill after it suffered too much abuse as a street bike , one handed down from big brother to little brother.
TRUE WORDS - you made my week.....

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Oh, no. The mainstream press is covering it. Now we know it is not for us. Clearly, something is wrong with it.

I am always amazed how astoundingly conservative enthusiasts can be.

There are a number of bikes Ducati makes in which I will never be interested. But they remain great bikes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts