Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here installed this on their sport classic? I thought it looks good and the price is righthttp://www.cliffscyclerevolution.com/eshopprod_cat_2944-39292_product_482380.SPORT_CLASSIC_FENDER_ELIMINATO.htm

·
Registered
258 Posts
It looks like the DPCars fender eliminator. Cannot fit number plate light or reflector to it.
Excellent picture taken by WASP of rear of my bike with this fender eliminator fitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
If it didn't point the tail light and indicators down so much, I'd consider one of those...

·
Registered
555 Posts
the downward angle is easy enough to fix - just add a longer washer to the securing bolt and the pointy end of the taillight fixture (under the seat in the wheel well). It does put a bit of a bending pressure on the two securing bolts at the front but as long as you don't overtighten it should be ok. I've done 10,000kms so far with mine. no problem.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Cliff's fender eliminator

Hi,
I installed that kit from Cliff's on my 1000S. It's quality stuff, but two items of note:
1) you MUST install some spacers (see photo) otherwise the seat's tailpiece (on a 1000S) will not clear the taillight (it will hit it) and the seat will not click in place. This kit does not supply the aluminum spacers that I used (I got them at Home Depot). And I think I had to get longer bolts too. The upside of this though is that by using a longer spacer in the rear end of the taillight, it addresses somewhat that angle issue by tilting the tail light up a bit.
2) I had a bear of a time unscrewing the small black screws that (I believe) held the taillight in place. I seem to recall that I had to loosen the turn signal bolts in order to get access to the small black screws. They were never meant to be removed again, so those black screws are really tight and they can strip easy. I recall really having a hard time with that. ANd you have to get that tail light lense off to reverse the wiring on the turn signals because you are flipping over the whole assembly (i.e., if you don't reverse the turn signal wiring, they'll work backwards to your intent because you've flipped them over).

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you shorten the 2 front spacers it will angle even more up. Or is that as much as you can go without seat interference? If that works, I'll probably go for it. Can you post a a pic of the whole bike? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
another pic

Here you go. Wait until you see how heavy that stock rear fender bar is; it weighs a ton.
I didn't think I could shorten the front spacers much more (perhaps 2mm more could come off) as I didn't want the red fairing tailpiece to hit the taillight housing. Also, I think you'd risk snapping the bolt heads off those two bolts if you shortened them much more while leaving the back bolt long because the two short bolts would be going through the plate at a pretty steep angle and thus you'd be tightening the bolt heads against at a tight angle. But you certainly can give it a try.
This project isn't hard, but it's time consuming to get at all the bolts, and as I wrote above, getting that red lense off is not very fun to do.
But it looks much better and you're removing a pound or two of weight off the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful! Mucho Gracias.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts