Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, who makes a fender eliminator/tail tidy for the HM using a 2-1 exhaust system?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
What exactly do you want to eliminate? The only thing I think I've seen is a piece offered by Ducati Performance. It was basically the same as the stock licence plate bracket but it eliminated the "bumps" left over from the old turnsignal mount points.I don't know if it is any shorter.Made of carbon fiber.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What exactly do you want to eliminate? The only thing I think I've seen is a piece offered by Ducati Performance. It was basically the same as the stock licence plate bracket but it eliminated the "bumps" left over from the old turnsignal mount points.I don't know if it is any shorter.Made of carbon fiber.
http://www.evotech-performance.com/acatalog/ducati_tail tidy_6722.html
I have this Evo Tech kit. It works only with undertail(2-2) exhaust though!

I'm looking for something comparable to the plate holder that comes with the DP 2-1 exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
http://www.evotech-performance.com/acatalog/ducati_tail tidy_6722.html
I have this Evo Tech kit. It works only with undertail(2-2) exhaust though!

I'm looking for something comparable to the plate holder that comes with the DP 2-1 exhaust system.
Nothing comes with the 2-1 exhaust kit except a bracket to move the turn signals up to mount under the tail light, and two "stickers" that block off the old mounting holes on the bracket. The licence plate mount stays original.I believe the signal relocation bracket is available from the dealer.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing comes with the 2-1 exhaust kit except a bracket to move the turn signals up to mount under the tail light, and two "stickers" that block off the old mounting holes on the bracket. The licence plate mount stays original.I believe the signal relocation bracket is available from the dealer.
But the plate holder bracket bolts up to the bottom of the 2-2 exhaust. Once you remove the exhaust, I find no spot to mount the plate holder. Am i missing something or a part?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
But the plate holder bracket bolts up to the bottom of the 2-2 exhaust. Once you remove the exhaust, I find no spot to mount the plate holder. Am i missing something or a part?
Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure there is another part that the original plate mount fits to. I did the 2-1 install shortly after I got the bike.I would talk to your dealer, or maybe someone else will chime in. My bike isn't here right now so I can't go look::( If johnchypermotard would chime in, he has a full color PDF of the install instructions that might shine a light on the subject. You could also PM him.He's a good guy......mostly.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts