Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They will be included in my kit hence forth. My only quandary is, pad or tampon? I think I may go with both. :)

I read years ago about a rider caught out with a leaky fork seal and he taped a pad on to the stanchion and made it home. The other night I was riding home "at speed" with my lady friend on my BMW when the after market shock I've been using, (Progressive) blew it's seal. Luck was with us as I managed to recognise there was a problem, though I thought it was a flat, and made it to a service station where I bought some tampons, and proceeded to stuff them in the coils of the spring after wiping all the oil off the wheel/tire etc. (what a mess) Made it home, another 25 miles or so, without another drop getting on anything. :)

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
I was gonna' say, if you're that whipped, it's time to tell the old lady to get her own bike! :p

Luckily (I guess) there is a valid excuse for being seen buying those things. :)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
My only question is, who went into the store and bought the box of tampons and what size?

·
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only question is, who went into the store and bought the box of tampons and what size?
I don't have any of that there "false machismo pride" that would hinder me from making such a simple purchase in the name of safety, and besides, I kept my helmet/riding gear on at all times. :)

Size? They come in different sizes? Who knew? Oh, apparently you. LOL :)

·
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would carrying a cotton towel be too exotic?
Egyptian cotton? Probably. :) I carry some paper shop towels and a small terry towels when on tour, but I don't know that they'd have the storability or versatility or absorbency qualities of a tampon/pad for certain applications, like stuffing them between the coils of a spring or other tight spots to stop oil flow etc. Mmmm, tight spots. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cycle cycles!!

Well when your Duc bleeds you got to take care of it. Does it get real tempermental every 28 days or so :D:D:D Don't ride me today, I have a headache.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
A long time ago, I use to work for a company that made adhesive dispensing equipment for diapers and feminine napkin manufacturers. There are all types of shapes and sizes .....

The story goes, that when the first feminine napkins were sold they were a big hit, they couldn't make fast enough. Then they had to add "how to use directions" in each package. Apparently, some women were putting them on with the adhesive side up. The customer complaint department said there is nothing worst then a call from a women trying to remove an up-side-down pad at that time of the month ....

So, you were wearing the dark visor .......?

·
Registered
410 Posts
They are handy for bullet wounds too. I keep them in my range bag. Tampons will plug most holes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts