Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting real weak minded and am considering a KTM950 Adventure. The bike that I ride the least and am thinking about selling is my 2004 Ducati 998S FE. Any idea what something like that might be worth?

2500 miles. Initial and 3K service done.
Stock body was taken off at time of purchase and stored.
Cheetah Racing body.
Three complete seat assemblies. Stock, One with tail bag and Corbin seat, Track body.
Cycle Cat Bars and frame sliders.
Axle Sliders.
Termignoni Exhaust and ECU.
Acculine Rear Sets.
All stock parts.
One year left on Factory Warranty.
$22K invested with receipts.
Immaculate condition.

Cheers.
Marc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Fe

There is one on ebay now, I have one and follow the market for them. Have seen the last 3 sell (one twice in Cali and one in Hawaii) for $15-17K... its hard to say what the value is as these were both heavily blinged up with CF ($4K so the ads said) and had in the 3K-5K miles.

FWIW I got mine new as a "leftover" about a year ago with no miles on it for $17.2K OTD.

Good Luck

ps. would wait for the hypermotard instead of the KTM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ready to Sell

OK I have decided to go ahead and put this bike up for sale with all the goodies. Asking is $16.5. The Bike is located just North of Denver Colorado and would be a pick up only. Shipping all the spare parts and bodywork would be a major undertaking.

Admins: Please move this to classified if you feel it should be.

Thanks
Marc

·
Registered
329 Posts
lomaxcm said:
OK I have decided to go ahead and put this bike up for sale with all the goodies. Asking is $16.5. The Bike is located just North of Denver Colorado and would be a pick up only. Shipping all the spare parts and bodywork would be a major undertaking.

Admins: Please move this to classified if you feel it should be.

Thanks
Marc
That is a kick ass price... I got mine with 1300 miles for 15K a month ago :)

·
Premium Member
8,745 Posts
Check classified section, theres someone looking to buy a bike like yours.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Put it on ebay. Don't worry about selling it through them directly. You'll get a tremendous amount of exposure for not much $$$. The most important thing with a limited production bike is to get the word out... You'll sell it and for a lot more than the dealer will give on a trade-in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mattjw916 said:
Very temping... I just don't know wtf I'd do with _another_ bike, lol. :D
Make me an offer I can't refuse LOL:

Yea E-pay would probably be best but I don't know. I might try but might just give someone a good deal.

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
ShadowROne said:
That is a kick ass price... I got mine with 1300 miles for 15K a month ago :)
Bought my '02 998 from a BCM customer last Spring. It had 4K mi., Cycle Cat bar riser, SilMotor 1/2 TI exhaust and extra mono tail...cost me $8500. I'm happy. :)

bruce19

1 - 12 of 12 Posts