Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thanks to John, I now have a clear windscreen for my 998FE. He was kind enough to send it to me free of charge so I am going keep the good will going and I am offering my "old" screen to someone. It is a red speedcreen and if you serch for my posts you will see the Duc with it on.
Hopefully we can keep something like this going. Over at the R1-Rorum we call it "Play it Forward".
Now, I dont want to step on anyone's toes and since I am not selling anything I did not put it on the for sale section.

Here we go. Free screen and I will even pay shipping :D to the first one who post a picture of his 916/996/998 with clear screen and it wanting a red one.

-Rob

·
Registered
372 Posts
good karma for you. we do the same type of thing on the sig forum and have nick named it karma. so thanks for the windscreen karma, i'm sure someone will jump on that pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Where else in this world are there designated motorcycle parking spots? That is cool.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John said:
Where else in this world are there designated motorcycle parking spots? That is cool.
As you know, lots of em here in San Francisco. In the Financial District they have about 100, all filled by 8:30 a.m.

Never enough and room for more:

Motorcyclists rally at City Hall
They're fed up with parking tickets, want more designated spots to park their bikes

Holding signs stating, "I ride and I vote," and chanting against parking tickets, hundreds of motorcycle riders showed up at San Francisco City Hall on Wednesday, hoping to kick-start a new political movement.

"We have to make sure that City Hall understands that we have an agenda," said Chris Dolan, a motorcycle-riding lawyer with the San Francisco Motorcycle and Scooter Coalition, which organized the noontime rally.

That agenda, outlined in a Bill of Rights that supporters hope will be adopted by city officials, calls for allowing for more designated motorcycle parking spaces on the street and not enforcing the law that prohibits "responsible" motorcycle parking on sidewalks.

"And most of all," the Bill of Rights concludes, "we have the right to keep smiling, to keep the rubber side down, and keep one step ahead of the congestion that we help ease."

Board of Supervisors President Matt Gonzalez, who recently sold his car and usually walks to work, revved up the crowd when he promised to carry pro- motorcycle legislation that would urge the city's traffic cops to lay off ticket-writing when it comes to motorcycles parked on sidewalks, as long as pedestrian access isn't blocked.

"Motorcycle concerns haven't been part of the formula," he said. "The city's lack of motorcycle parking is a good example of this."

San Francisco does provide nearly 1,700 legal, motorcycle-only parking spaces on the street. And bikers also can vie with cars for the roughly 320, 000 other on-street spaces in San Francisco, a city notorious for its parking crunch.

But the city's parking enforcers aren't yet ready to hand over the sidewalks. State law forbids it, and senior and disabled advocacy groups in the city have been just as vocal about keeping the sidewalks uncluttered.

However, acknowledged Diana Hammons, spokeswoman for the Department of Parking and Traffic, ticketing motorcycles parked between two planters, for instance, or somewhere else on the sidewalk where they won't get in the way of a pedestrian isn't high on the priority list unless a complaint comes in.

As of last year, there were 16,187 motorcycles registered in San Francisco. Some folks, such as Doug Waugh, own many. "I have four bikes, but I only ride one at a time," said Waugh, who arrived at City Hall on a Kawasaki Eliminator.

Waugh isn't new to protests. He showed up to one sometime in the 1970s to protest California's helmet law. Now he owns 10 head protectors, but still envies riders in Arizona and other states where helmets aren't required.

It's that freedom thing that motorcyclists like to talk about.

"I love it, being out there in the elements," said Silvia Hernandez, a Mission District resident who rides around town on an old Honda two-wheeler. Still, she said, there are the hassles -- the potholes and the $100 tickets for parking on the sidewalk.

And, said Dolan, the horror of walking outside and seeing your parked motorcycle knocked over by a car. "If you can't keep these bikes from being knocked over," he shouted to a sea of black leather in front of City Hall, "you've got to give us a safe space."

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Right on, power to the people. I wish them luck and success.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The chopper shop is the first floor,my workspace is the upper floor. Thank god for the mc parking..its 75 cents for all day as opposed to 12.00 a day, 6 quarters per hour on the meter for a car. and you have to run outside every hour. One of the few things the SFDPT does right.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
In England it is illegal to park a vehicle with it's wheels on the 'sidewalk' but if you have a stand on your bike that keeps both wheels off the ground, it is not 'parked' on the sidewalk and can not (in theory) get a ticket....... ;)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Most shopping centres (malls) in OZ have dedicated motorcycle parking closer to some entrances than the disabled parking. Some 'malls' offer a trolley minding service, these will even mind your gear for free.. Helmet, jacket and backpack, saves wandering around with them.

In Melbourne OZ, the ruling is don't block the footpath, other than that.. park where ever you like but remember that tha bitumen is not roller flattened as much so you bike may sink into it and fall over. I've had mine do that on a recently re-sealed road so it's not always a great option. I don't know how council stands legally when bikes fall over.

Mal

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
John said:
In Naval Station Norfolk there are tons of motorcycle only parking... :cool: :yeah: Actually, most of the military bases I have been to in the South Eastern Virginia have them. Parking close is freaking awesome considering that in the mornings you have to either get there super early or fight someone for a parking spot :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts