Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a pair of Keihin FCR 39 carbs for sale near me that came off of someone's Triumph build. Is there any reason to think they wouldn't fit my '93 900SS? I'm know I'd need cables and hoses, but I'm pretty much completely ignorant otherwise. I'd be up for figuring out how to get them installed and tuned, which would be a learning process for me. But I figured I should ask people wiser than me (that's you!) before spending the money on them. They're asking $600. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
You would most likely need to rejet and also re rack the carbs if they're not spaced for the 900. also do you need intakes/spigots as well?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help.

Rejetting would be the normal rejetting, I assume. There's a recipe out there that I could start with, and then tune in the normal way?

Re-racking would mean changing the lengths of all the bits between the two carbs. I would imagine by shortening them. Is that a kit I could get somewhere, or could I disassemble, cut (tubes, rods, etc), and reassemble?

It looks like I would need intakes unless the stock ones would work. There are none with the carbs for sale.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Sudco will sell you the parts to re-rack them, call them. It's not cheap. A friend who is also a Sudco dealer/reseller had a pair of unracked 41's offered to him by a local. He called Sudco who worked up a parts-only invoice for him to rack them himself, at which he laughed and decided it would be cheaper to wait for a racked pair.

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
But you could mount them separately, correct ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a little more research, I learned that Keihin makes downdraft and side draft FCRs. I'm pretty sure the ones I found for sale are side draft (having been removed from a Triumph) and I would need downdraft (or one downdraft and one side draft). Oh well.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts