Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,822 Posts
That’s awesome but put a beer can under the side stand. It’s about to tump over. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,224 Posts
That’s awesome but put a beer can under the side stand. It’s about to tump over. :)
Now that's just weird. How did you know he was drinking a beer? :laugh:

Another pic for you Brett. I don't quite know why but for some reason I've always liked the viewpoint of this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thats stunning!!
I still like the Ducati "red" but have to admit yours looks absolutely beautiful.
Here's to Ducati and the 900 SS's.

·
Registered
824 Posts
'92 SS

My 900. Lots of good parts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
greggkirby
That appears to be a Doug Cook exhaust system, he was making them before the monster S2r. Always a little light on packing so noise could be a touch high they usually worked very well and were often hand made to the bike. Did you buy it direct from Doug (arcfab) ? I have a coupe of his systems and they are a crown jewel on the bike, Loudbike had him make a multistrada system once and Steve polished it. Very nice and I am not a shiny pipe guy.

V8S4
Sharkskins also makes the tail and is higher quality (IMHO) to access the undertail and lift your tank)you remove the 4 side screws that hold the tail on. A customers 900 that uses the tail switches to Dzus 1/4 turn fasteners for easy removal. Of course then it would also be quicker for someone to steel your tail. The tail on this bike is the sharkskinz tail that the customer trimmed to a slimmer shape. This also has a 2-1 Doug Cook exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you Ducvet. That's a beatiful tail. I like to carry my disc lock along with a tool kit and insurance papers in the storage tray under my standard CR tail. I guess the one piece would not be practical for a daily rider for me. Perhaps if I fashioned a hinged flap on the vertical portion but that might be a bit ambitious. Useful info, thank you again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 888 tail used to have a back pad that was held on with a single Dzus, this was so you could remove the back pad only and access the undertail for just such reasons. I have also seen back pads Velcroed in place so I see no reason you could not fashion a easily removable access.
Boom! That sounds doable. Thank you again.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Arc Fab

greggkirby
That appears to be a Doug Cook exhaust system, he was making them before the monster S2r. Always a little light on packing so noise could be a touch high they usually worked very well and were often hand made to the bike. Did you buy it direct from Doug (arcfab) ? I have a coupe of his systems and they are a crown jewel on the bike, Loudbike had him make a multistrada system once and Steve polished it. Very nice and I am not a shiny pipe guy.

Good eye Eric. It is a Doug Cook pipe. I bought the bike already built by LT Snyder. Yeah, it's fairly loud but not too rad. Maybe some of my neighbors might disagree, I don't know. No one in the townhouse complex I live in has thrown anything or shot at me yet! I'd like to sell the bike but probably have to part it out to get what I'd like to get out of it. As far as made for the bike I'd say it looks like it-the way it works around the Alex Ortner made rearsets. Did you work at BCM? TTYL, Gregg

21 - 40 of 136 Posts