Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a big favor to ask. I finally found a set of 10 spoke Marchesini magnesium wheels with a 5.5" rear that I can use on an S2R swingarm (ater a nearly two year search). Problem is the front is for an 848. Could someone help me out and measure the fork spacing on their bike (i.e. the distance between the centerlines of the two forks)? I can get new rotors for the 848 front wheel with a 5 bolt pattern, but may have to get new triple clamps as well if the spacing isn't right.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Measured the centerline to centerline distance on my 1098 Showa forks and came up with 205 mm.

This would be the same for the 848 Showa forks.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Measured the centerline to centerline distance on my 1098 Showa forks and came up with 205 mm.

This would be the same for the 848 Showa forks.

Hope this helps!
That's perfect. My Paul Smart is also 205mm so an 848 wheel together with 848 rotors will work. Unfortunately, the Marchesini's just arrived and the rear turned out to be 6 inches, not the 5.5 inches advertised, so I can't use them.

For anyone interested, Lockhart Philips has magnesium Marchesini's for the 848 on eBay right now for $2273--a really good price. Again, they are advertised as 5.5", but they are really 6". After waiting on 5.5" Marchesinis for two years, I'm about to cave and get BSTs instead--I just hate the looks of those.

thanks again, John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts