Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my 1999 900ssie has developed an intermitent fault when up to temperature,when the fault appears she runs real lumpy,black smoke from exhaust and struggles to idle,if she stalls can be difficult to restart.I have read that the temp sensor on the vertical cylinder can cause these symptoms,I have disconnected the sensor when she is warmed up and the symptoms are identical,my question is can these sensor be intermitently faulty because it only happens every now and again, I have cleaned the contacts and I am happy the connection is sound ? also is there an equivelent part or do I need to by genuine ? best regards Daz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK guys I'll answer my own questions hopefully this will help someone else in the future, I can confirm that the oil temerature sensor on the vertical cylinder can be intermitently faulty,I have replace it and the problem has been cured,in addition the same sensor is fitted to Fiat Punto's amoungst others so instead of £40+ from ducati I paid £15 from my local car spares shop.If you need one just quote Marelli part number WTS09..Happy days Daz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts