Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cheers,

Weather is nice for this time of the year so I wanted to go out and have a ride.. But my SF will not start anymore. Last time it has been ridden is about 3 weeks ago.

This is the battery charger I use for the SF. It is set to charge ,
On the dashboard it gives me an error message of "BATT" 5.2 which is a faulty battery voltage.
I don't know what to do now.. Ps: I'm in the middle of moving houses so I cannot check my SF on a daily basis.
As of now it is safely placed in a garage together with the above shown charger.

I cannot contact a dealer since they are all closed during this time of the year. So therefore I hope somebody on this forum might help me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried to change the battery voltage on the dashboard.
But it doesn't let me enter the menu , Tried using it on other options and the menu can be used (for example DTC settings)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
The best way to check the battery is with a multimeter. Test the battery at rest and under load. If it reads 10volts or less under load the battery is bad. This happens when a cell goes bad. Cells in the battery can still shift or sulfate while connected to a battery maintainer. It only takes one cell to get weak for the battery to be bad. In a lead acid battery there are six cells. Each cell has approximately 2 volts.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
i'm guessing you don't have a multi meter handy, i would try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting first. If you can get a multi meter it should read 12.7 volts and a minimum from memory of 12.3 but anything below 12.7 after a charge is a sign the battery is on the way out.

If you're moving house probably not the time for this but sounds like a good excuse to buy a Shorai lithium battery to me, they only lose 1% a month instead of the 10% lead acid loses. You need a different charger but you shouldn't need one, the other bonus is losing a few pounds best weight loss for the money there is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked the dashboard again.. It flashes "L.O." Batt when trying to start up..
Before starting up the engine and the SF is hooked up to the charger it shows 13.5 BATT.

Thanks for your input guys.. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just checked the dashboard again.. It flashes "L.O." Batt when trying to start up..
Before starting up the engine and the SF is hooked up to the charger it shows 13.5 BATT.

Thanks for your input guys.. Much appreciated.
Your charger is ok, your battery is broken, or check the leads, cables, connections
A battery life is 2-5 years.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts