Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot Jason an email, but I figured I'd see if anyone else with a stock Hyper is running the Fatduc and has some suggestions on settings.

Short story even shorter, I installed it with it set as it came, around 13,2:1, and the bike runs a good bit worse. Lots of popping on decel, and even more lumpy than it was before under 4k rpm.

Given how the Fatduc works (i.e. I can't possibly make the bike anything but richer) I have to assume that it's just too rich. I've backed it off to around 13,8:1, but figured I'd see if anyone else had suggestions for settings on a stock bike, as I'm not going to be able to test ride it again until next week.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I may install mine today. I know most of the guys are setting it at around 12 o'clock from what I have read.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the info. I rolled mine back to full lean and I'll work from there, since it's still richer than stock. Hopefully I can test ride it again soon...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yeah, I'm doing mine today, and will be doing it the same way. I just hope I don't need to play with the air bleed screws....:)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I set mine at 13.3 initially then backed off to 13.5 after the engine check light came on during a cool morning and it works quite well. Smoother under 4K and no popping on decel.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm doing mine today, and will be doing it the same way. I just hope I don't need to play with the air bleed screws....:)
Idle on mine was fine fwiw. If it seems off, I'd give it a few miles to let the ECU figure things out before bothering to mess with them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yeah, I would only mess with them if it doesn't idle good, or if the idle is surging or sticking. I most likely will insall the "DUC" next week sometime, since I have other things I need to tend to this weekend.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWIW, I managed to take her for a spin to do a quick shakedown, and things are much happier at 14,2:1. I maybe tweak it up a bit, but if you're 100% stock (motor/airbox/exhaust) I'd say start at the lean end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts