Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally bought a set of fat ducs and all I can say is that I wish I would have bought them sooner!

I never had a lot of surging on my 2010 after the first 1000 miles. Now there is no surging and the low rpm power delivery is great. Just jumps to life rather than hesitating to get up there.

For those people that are on the fence about getting a set of fat ducs I highly recommend them if you weren't up for a full dyno tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
101 Posts
glad to hear your happy with the Fatducs, I've a set on order for my 1200.

Did you reset the ECU after installing or just install and ride? I've read where people say after installing on MTS's with the factory Cat that the exhaust fumes change a bit and become a bit on the nose, have you noticed this yourself?

Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just plug in and go. I do notice a little more or a rich exhaust smell but nothing too obnoxious.

The other thing I noticed is when I'm cruising at a constant speed the instant fuel economy read out is much more stable than before.

·
Registered
101 Posts
its known the FatDucs help eliminate the <=15% throttle surging so I guess it sort of makes sense the instantaneous fuel consumption has become more stable. All good news, thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
my 2010 ran crappy in the beginning. So I used Fatducs. Then I got the upgrade and it runs way better now with the upgrade than before. You sure you need need those things if you get that re-flash?:think:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No amount of factory ecu flashes are going to fix the lean conditions of this bike all the flashes will still have to comply with epa regulations.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Pretty funny.

Glad you ordered them and hope they work to your expectations when U get them installed.
I have already done the "seat of pants dyno" Original no reflash, no reflash with the fatducs, fatducs with the flash and finally just the reflash.

I'm not going to hang something on my bike that makes it rum worse.

To each his own. I guess each bike is different. Not necessary on mine:)

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
my 2010 ran crappy in the beginning. So I used Fatducs. Then I got the upgrade and it runs way better now with the upgrade than before. You sure you need need those things if you get that re-flash?:think:
Corky, i'm pretty sure the answer to this question is yes; did you order the correct FatDucs specifically designed for the MTS12S?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts