Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents/Ladies

I am a proud owner of an 11/08 GT 1000 in Australia and desperately want to get hold of a fac duc O2 manipulator.

If anyone has one they no longer require, or knows of one that is available, please let me know. The throttle response is driving me insane, and the bike is completely stock standard at this stage.

Thanks in advance

DesmoDrew

P.S I am officially as of this minute no longer just a lurker!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Couple of things... congrats, welcome to the forum and post some pics!! :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
DesmoDrew - I know last summer RossaGT had one that I believe he never used because he ended up getting Termis. As you may know from a thread on this forum, he's recovering from a bad accident he suffered recently, but you might want to PM him about it.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
FatDuc+Staintune's

I have a FatDuc, which I bought in the US and I have a set of Staintune pipes I ordered from Australia. It is a wonderful combination. Smooth throttle response. authoritative acceleration, good looks, and great sound. Hard to beat for half the price of Termi's.

·
Registered
985 Posts
There's bound to be something here I'm not seeing, but why not just order one from fatduc.com?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gents, for your quick and helpful responses. Judging by the people on this site, I will hang around and join the fray!

I looked for details to purchase a fat duc direct off the gent that makes them but could not find how (searched numerous threads)

Looks like I have found one here in Australia, so all is well!

Pictures and stories to follow.

I love my GT!

Thanks Again

DesmoDrew

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thanks Gents, for your quick and helpful responses. Judging by the people on this site, I will hang around and join the fray!

I looked for details to purchase a fat duc direct off the gent that makes them but could not find how (searched numerous threads)

Looks like I have found one here in Australia, so all is well!

Pictures and stories to follow.

I love my GT!

Thanks Again

DesmoDrew

DD - glad you found one "locally". By all means post your thoughts about it when you get it installed and congrats on your GT and welcome!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey BMWSON

I take it you are running the stock air filter in your GT?, I dont expect the FatDuc would have the ability to cope with both the staintunes and K&N filters.

Cheers

g.

I have a FatDuc, which I bought in the US and I have a set of Staintune pipes I ordered from Australia. It is a wonderful combination. Smooth throttle response. authoritative acceleration, good looks, and great sound. Hard to beat for half the price of Termi's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked the letterbox when I got home this arvo...............post pack inside........ripped it open like a five year old at Christmas.......ran down to the shed.......lifted the seat off the bike....installed the Fat Duc...click, click...........rode out of the shed past the daughter who was still frozen in the same spot since we got home.....opened the throttle......

WOW what a difference!

FAT DUC ROCKS!!!!!!!!:)

P.S Thanks Rob;)

DesmoDrew

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Checked the letterbox when I got home this arvo...............post pack inside........ripped it open like a five year old at Christmas.......ran down to the shed.......lifted the seat off the bike....installed the Fat Duc...click, click...........rode out of the shed past the daughter who was still frozen in the same spot since we got home.....opened the throttle......

WOW what a difference!

FAT DUC ROCKS!!!!!!!!:)

P.S Thanks Rob;)

DesmoDrew
DD - that's great to hear! I'm expecting one shortly courtesy of another member I bought it from and hope my experience is also a good one.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If the Fat Duc makes a richer mix would this make my sc pop more? I'm running zards with baffles and stock ecu ?
From what I understand the popping is from the bike being lean not rich. I have the DP ECU on my PSLE so I can't say for sure. It works fine on my 848 though. There are plenty of people here that have had great results on almost every kind of of Ducati.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bpracer,Just installed my Fat Duc in my SC popping is gone I left setting at 13.5 out of the package and it worked great.I"ll try it with db baffles removed from Zards and see what happens.Maybe thats asking to much if not I'm happy with the way the bike is running. The note the zards are making is even better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts